Show off your house ducks!

I think since she has seen other ducks, her identity part of the imprint is going to be duck (a good thing). But if you are the first non-sibling she has spent any real time with, you might just be "mom"
big_smile.png

That's the exact scenario I was hoping for, but not expecting! I really wanted her to be closely bonded to me, but still be, you know, a duck. I'm hoping she can teach Wobbles how to duck. Because he doesn't. He doesn't know how to duck, guys. Like, at all.

My daughter got a kick out of Wobbles chewing on her shoe laces.. She keeps asking if we can make pancake a house duck.. I said no... LOL... Not sure how well it would go over with the rottweiler, the husky, the pomeranian and the corgi.. not to mention the 2 cats, the bearded dragon and the ball python all living in the house... Then she said "whats one more"...... I was thinking "thats MY kid for ya.." LOL

I have a video of the 3 ducklings taking a bath, but cant figure out how to upload it... Or to shrink it down to make it emailable.. Help?

My daughter got a kick out of Wobbles chewing on her shoe laces.. She keeps asking if we can make pancake a house duck.. I said no... LOL... Not sure how well it would go over with the rottweiler, the husky, the pomeranian and the corgi.. not to mention the 2 cats, the bearded dragon and the ball python all living in the house... Then she said "whats one more"...... I was thinking "thats MY kid for ya.." LOL

I have a video of the 3 ducklings taking a bath, but cant figure out how to upload it... Or to shrink it down to make it emailable.. Help?

Oh, that's an easy fix. If she knew how annoying it was to have to change diapers, never visit friends, can't eat out, have to call every store I go to in advance to see if it's kosher to bring a duck along.... :p That's why I'm hoping he'll bond with the new duck and I can finally have a life again, LOL! Double the duck poop is a fair exchange for being able to go to dinner with the hubby, right?

As for the video thing, I think you hafta upload it to youtube and then input the link into the text window thingy on BYC.

Also, I loooooooove ball pythons! What's your named?

This is Viper.... Oh, did I forget the cockatiel and the quaker parrot??? LOL... I have way to many house pets... Now ive got the 3 ducklings in the house and I have 32 chicks due to hatch by weeks end... Its a VERY smalll house...

This is Viper.... Oh, did I forget the cockatiel and the quaker parrot??? LOL... I have way to many house pets... Now ive got the 3 ducklings in the house and I have 32 chicks due to hatch by weeks end... Its a VERY smalll house...

Lemme guess, your daughter wants to be a vet when she grows up. :p My goodness, what a motley zoo you have! Never a dull moment, eh? I love parrots so much. I never got one because I always had a fear that it would outlive me and have a major upheaval late in its life, and I couldn't bear to do that to my birdy-boo. Although your friend Ariel said she had a duck that lived to be 22!

Yea. worry about them outliving me sometimes.. The cockatiel is only a couple of years old and I hand fed her from hatch.. And the quaker is over 20.. probably about 25... She has developed seizures, so I dont expect her to live much longer.... so far they are few and far between, but they are not good..
And yea.. Gabby does say she wants to be a veterinarian... Lots of practice here, thats for sure.

Yea. worry about them outliving me sometimes.. The cockatiel is only a couple of years old and I hand fed her from hatch.. And the quaker is over 20.. probably about 25... She has developed seizures, so I dont expect her to live much longer.... so far they are few and far between, but they are not good..
And yea.. Gabby does say she wants to be a veterinarian... Lots of practice here, thats for sure.

Oh, that sounds wonderful! She reminds me a bit of myself at that age. 'Ceot my mom wasn't as cool as to let me have all those awesome animals. Didn't stop me from trying, though! Have you heard of PAWS? I volunteer there, I can ask around and see if maybe there's a youth program in your area she could join to help take care of the animals. If she ever has time between taking care of all her pets!

I'm sorry to hear about your quaker. It's time you had some good news come your way for once. I wish there was something I could do to help. :/

Oh my gosh, I'm crying seeing that! I'm so happy...lil' Pancake has come into his own! I hope the silver is a female. I really thought the bibbed was, too. I'm sorry I let you down in that regard. Haaa the silver is a zoomie! And Cakey is trying, bless his heart!

We were so worried that he wouldn't adjust. I'm grinning like an idiot seeing him play with his new family!

Last edited:
Oh my gosh, I'm crying seeing that! I'm so happy...lil' Pancake has come into his own! I hope the silver is a female. I really thought the bibbed was, too. I'm sorry I let you down in that regard. Haaa the silver is a zoomie! And Cakey is trying, bless his heart!

We were so worried that he wouldn't adjust. I'm grinning like an idiot seeing him play with his new family!
Oh is AliciaM the one who got pancake/you bought ducklings from?

Back
Top Bottom