Show off your Indian Runners!

These are my babies,
My 12 year old wanted a duck, a Peking duck, just like the Aflak duck, he has been asking since he was about 5, so I started researching, found this site, and after reading posts for about four months, I decided to go for it, the commitment was going to be my sons reward for honor roll all year, his first year in middle school, but I got the fever and they are my babies, I didn't know our Peking was really an Indian runner, lol, I thought she was just an ugly duckling, in my search to find out about her odd looks and how long it would be for her to start looking like a Peking I discovered she was never going to look like one!
We named them before we knew what sex they were, so Rex is my beautiful female runner, and Sadie is my handsome Rouen drake,
They are a part of the family, but are outside ducks, they live in a duck treehouse and have a pond area and full run of the back yard every day all day,
Rex has started laying eggs and we are very excited, I'm trying to monitor her and am hoping she will brood, and hatch us a Grandbaby duck, we shall see
I'm so lucky she turned out to be an Indian Runner, because she is just the sweetest thing, she is a little skittish, but can be very affectionate, and they both know I am the Mama Duck
Sadie has to be reminded once in awhile, we are having a blast, I just wanted to show her off because I think she is my little ugly duckling turned into my awesome beautiful swan!
Thanks for letting me enjoy all of your beautiful runners too!

Here is my Rex, she is sitting, however she is down to last two eggs, it's wearing her out, but she is committed to the bitter end with these last two, I'm not sure how it will go but we will see!

Our Indian Runners enjoy their favorite treat: watermelon! Our drake is such a gent--lets all his ladies eat first. But he's always first into the water when they are let out of their house in the morning. We love them for their antics, and they are very faithful layers of eggs which we donate to the local mission. Can't get my photos to upload, sorry.

One of them died mysteriously last week, but here are my Indian Runners.
Loula, Larry, & Lolli.
They act so afraid of us, until we turn our backs to them, then Larry will hop at us like he scared us away!
Loula right now is sittin on a nest of eggs we're expecting to hatch next week sometime.
& Lolli died mysteriously last week. =(

Sorry that you lost a runner--we lost one too a few months ago; couldn't figure why since all were from same hatch, and none of the others were ill. Thanks for the photos--adorable.
Finally able to upload Bobby (long neck) and the girls:

One of them died mysteriously last week, but here are my Indian Runners.
Loula, Larry, & Lolli.
They act so afraid of us, until we turn our backs to them, then Larry will hop at us like he scared us away!
Loula right now is sittin on a nest of eggs we're expecting to hatch next week sometime.
& Lolli died mysteriously last week. =(

@SammyLady so sorry for your loss.
Your Runners are so pretty

Sorry that you lost a runner--we lost one too a few months ago; couldn't figure why since all were from same hatch, and none of the others were ill. Thanks for the photos--adorable.
Finally able to upload Bobby (long neck) and the girls:
Love Bobby [long neck] and his girls they are very pretty.

Back
Top Bottom