Show off your Indian Runners!

I sent you my email address in a PM, would love to take a look at your birds!

Thats amazing that you had such a good hatch rate, I really am impressed. Our new incubators have been our achilles this year and we have been let down with our hatches since April. All of our birds were imported from Oregon, by way of New York state and then I drove them home to 1.5 hours east of Toronto to our farm. I think I have done this trip 6 or 7 times now and will do it again once or twice in the spring time. The Holderreads' just mean that much to me and their work, I feel, needs me right now :)

We can ship back to the US, just trying to find a method of doing it that makes it easy on myself, the ducks and keeps costs as low as possible. USPS for shipping is out of the question so most likely I will be driving from near Toronto to Buffalo or Syracuse, then having our runners fly on a plane.

If your friend has brown and blue drakes, the chocolates, if they are infact chocolate, would only pass on chocolate to the females and also the males, if the mother duck was chocolate as well. If the drakes are blue, then they would pass on blue 50% of the time. You have some pretty good chances of some black ducks popping out.

Here are a few more photos

Oh my gosh how beautiful I have visited your website often.. What color is the one in the last picture. I have one very similar named Pearl.Ducklings are just so precious but Runner ducklings just so much more. Those little straight bodies .
love.gif

I responded back to your email but I think your Pearl is a silver as well. The duck with my wife in the photo, is a silver. Her mother had extremely black skin genes and her offspring has very dark bill/legs. Your female has a lighter bill and a slight tinge to her legs.

Thanks for visiting our site, I need to add in a lot more photos once the ducks finish their moult!

I responded back to your email but I think your Pearl is a silver as well. The duck with my wife in the photo, is a silver. Her mother had extremely black skin genes and her offspring has very dark bill/legs. Your female has a lighter bill and a slight tinge to her legs.

Thanks for visiting our site, I need to add in a lot more photos once the ducks finish their moult!
Let us know when you add more I want to see.
smile.png

I was thinking Pearl was silver I love her color. Okay how do you make silver? lol

I received your email and will respond back right now. We SHOULD have more silver's showing up in our hatches this fall.

Silver in North American refers to homozygous incompletely dominant blue on extended black. If you take 2 blue runners and breed them together you will end up with 25% silvers, 25% black and 50% blues. We breed blue x blue as this pairing tends to give the most rich colour of blue in plumage. As a bi-product of this breeding we have silvers that hatch out. Silvers are one of our favourite varieties as they are very unique looking. Another fortunate trait of a silver is that you can breed them onto blacks and produce 100% blue ducks. Metzer farm does this and it allows them to control how many blues they will be hatching.

I received your email and will respond back right now. We SHOULD have more silver's showing up in our hatches this fall.

Silver in North American refers to homozygous incompletely dominant blue on extended black. If you take 2 blue runners and breed them together you will end up with 25% silvers, 25% black and 50% blues. We breed blue x blue as this pairing tends to give the most rich colour of blue in plumage. As a bi-product of this breeding we have silvers that hatch out. Silvers are one of our favourite varieties as they are very unique looking. Another fortunate trait of a silver is that you can breed them onto blacks and produce 100% blue ducks. Metzer farm does this and it allows them to control how many blues they will be hatching.
Thank you for answering. That is very interesting. I look forward to seeing your ducklings when they hatch this fall.

@Miss Lydia. @apricotvalleywf. I have been following your conversation about the runner colors. I have a 4 1/2 month duck which looks like silver in the last picture. They are indeed
Beautiful. Here is the latest picture of her. Would you say she is silver also?

Yes, I would say that she is silver with a very small amount of smokey black on her legs.  If her bill is black that is a very good indication!

Thank you so much for the reply. Yes, her bill is black. My Runners came from same breeder as Miss Lydia. We have a variety of colors. Thanks again
Linda

My Rex and her partner in crime, Sadie! Rex is my fawn Indian runner duck and Sadie is my Rouen drake, they are still growing, it's a new adventure every day!

Back
Top Bottom