Show off your Indian Runners!

Zodiac as a baby would fall asleep as soon as you picked him up.

This is Orion. He's new, and he's terrified of people. Definitely my most timid duck. But he also will nuzzle you and let you stroke him if he's in the mood.

^ Zodiac's the only one I've raised from a baby, and he is the sweetest, most tolerant snuggler of them all. Everytime he sees me, he gets really excited and makes noise until I can come down and visit with him. The others hide behind him. And if something bad happens, like a storm or a predator or a dispute with his mallard friends, he will fly out of his pen and come and get me, only to get really clingy and start freaking out if I don't pick him up and carry him around, at least until he forgets whatever he's afraid of. Then he'll go through a phase where he's obsessed with only talking to his fellow ducks and can't acknowledge me. His favorite thing to do is sneak up to the french doors and watch TV through the glass, which he knows he's not supposed to. He's an odd animal, but he's my favorite.

Zodiac with his favorite three mallards Lorelai, Chiaroscuro, and Kahlo

My trout runners the first day I brought them home!

My first duckling from one of my hens will hatch Feb 11! Pics!

PS I have 7+ eggs available if anyone is interested. I'm thinking about posting on ebay. :0P

I have five that are two weeks old. 2 fawn and white, 1 fawn and white crested, 2 black. One of my blacks has a little tuft of feathers on her head almost like a crest. Not sure if partial crested is a thing, but she def looks different than her sisters.

Ash, my handsome Black Runner, he lost his sister when they were little and now he's my little odd ball. He's is harness trained, and getting ready for the fair.

Back
Top Bottom