Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

Give me a break down of what you have in chicks and incubating. I feel like you have 100 chicks and 2000 eggs incubating right now, piecing it together from your posts lol!

I'll have to check my spreadsheet!
big_smile.png

--Hatcher - 19 eggs -- 12 SDW OEGB, 1 OEGB SDW x Blue Brassy, and 6 Seramas. - due today/tomorrow (4 pips when I left for work)

--Incubators -- 3 Marans, 3 calico bantam cochin, 1 self blue bantam cochin, on day 10-11ish
--Incubators -- 42 lavender orpington eggs loaded last night, all for a customer.

--SDW OEGB hen - 5 eggs that started in my incubator with the ones now in the hatcher, so due today/tomorrow also.
--Serama hen - 6 eggs also started in the incubator, same timing
--Mauve chocolate orpington hen - on a few eggs with mixed dates, I don't really expect any to hatch, she hasn't sat very consistently.

Recent hatches:
--Bantam cochin hen just hatched 7 bantam cochins over the last few days.
--Black chocolate orpington hen hatched 3 last week
--Serama hen hatched 6 a couple weeks ago
--Chocolate hen hatched 8 a couple weeks ago.

I think that's the most recent or current stuff... LOL!

This pic was taken this morning. Auntie's are waiting outside the delivery room door.
smile.png

(momma hen in in a nest box through the dark opening)

Last edited:
I'll have to check my spreadsheet!  :D

--Hatcher - 19 eggs  -- 12 SDW OEGB, 1 OEGB SDW x Blue Brassy, and 6 Seramas. - due today/tomorrow  (4 pips when I left for work)

--Incubators -- 3 Marans, 3 calico bantam cochin, 1 self blue bantam cochin, on day 10-11ish
--Incubators --  42 lavender orpington eggs loaded last night, all for a customer.

--SDW OEGB hen - 5 eggs that started in my incubator with the ones now in the hatcher, so due today/tomorrow also.
--Serama hen - 6 eggs also started in the incubator, same timing
--Mauve chocolate orpington hen - on a few eggs with mixed dates, I don't really expect any to hatch, she hasn't sat very consistently.

Recent hatches:
--Bantam cochin hen just hatched 7 bantam cochins over the last few days.
--Black chocolate orpington hen hatched 3 last week
--Serama hen hatched 6 a couple weeks ago
--Chocolate hen hatched 8 a couple weeks ago.

I think that's the most recent or current stuff... LOL!

Wow! My head is spinning lol

Where did you get the calico bantam cochin eggs?

Wow! My head is spinning lol

Where did you get the calico bantam cochin eggs?

Mine too!! Crazy broody hens have done a number on me this spring.

Those eggs came from a member here - @Laurel Meadows She has some beautiful birds, and is a wonderful person to deal with. If you want some, I'd definitely recommend her.

Mine too!!  Crazy broody hens have done a number on me this spring.

Those eggs came from a member here - @Laurel Meadows
  She has some beautiful birds, and is a wonderful person to deal with.  If you want some, I'd definitely recommend her. 

She has blue birchen Marans, too!

Gah, I don't need any more eggs or chicks :mad: lol

Back to OEGBs, do you know what your SDW x Blue Brassy will produce? Is the blue brassy the hen? Do you have a pic of her? I love the brassy back and that is one color I don't have. I think I have about 20 colors right now :) Too many males, though, of course.

She has blue birchen Marans, too!

Gah, I don't need any more eggs or chicks >
sad.png
lol

Back to OEGBs, do you know what your SDW x Blue Brassy will produce? Is the blue brassy the hen? Do you have a pic of her? I love the brassy back and that is one color I don't have. I think I have about 20 colors right now
smile.png
Too many males, though, of course.

Yes, the 7 eggs on day 10-11 all came from LM. 2 of the Marans are blue/black copper, 1 is from her pen that can be birchen.
fl.gif
(one bloodringed)
She is hatching some of my seramas and Swedish duck eggs.

I have no idea what the blue brassy (hen) x SDW (cock) will produce, jophus commented a female may look SDW, not sure what a male would look like. I tossed in 3 of her eggs, only 1 developed, but I'm anxious to see what it produces.

I have no idea of her quality, but I think she's beautiful, and she's a real sweetheart.
Other than my mixed ginger-looking girl, this is the only other OEGB that I have now, that isn't SDW.

She is gorgeous! I have a beautiful girl that I think is blue ginger. I'll have to post pictures of her once the rain lets up. She has such a great personality too. I really thought she was a male when she was a chick because she was so authoritative and outgoing so I tried not to handle her too much or get attached.

I keep telling myself I need to downsize the number of birds and breeds/varieties, and then I keep adding more instead.

Same here, but so far, I have stuck with the SDWs in these. Hatched a few self blues and mixes, but have sold them all.

Something told me to run home and check my bator, walked in just in time to see the blue brassy egg about half zipped! :yiipchick

Yes, the 7 eggs on day 10-11 all came from LM. 2 of the Marans are blue/black copper, 1 is from her pen that can be birchen. :fl (one bloodringed) She is hatching some of my seramas and Swedish duck eggs. I have no idea what the blue brassy (hen) x SDW (cock) will produce, jophus commented a female may look SDW, not sure what a male would look like. I tossed in 3 of her eggs, only 1 developed, but I'm anxious to see what it produces. I have no idea of her quality, but I think she's beautiful, and she's a real sweetheart. Other than my mixed ginger-looking girl, this is the only other OEGB that I have now, that isn't SDW.
:love

Yay!

Well, one thing I like about the OEGBs is that they come in so many different colors. Someday I will probably have one of each. I think my favorites that I have are my pearl, mille fleur, and the blue ginger. The silver duckwing males are just gorgeous! I have one regular and one Fawn SDW male, and another that I think may be Fawn GDW. I seriously have no idea how I am going to send any of these boys to the soup pot but I think I have about ten total right now :hit

This got me curious about alternatives to normal castration and I found this http://forum.backyardpoultry.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7968929&start=0

Yes, the 7 eggs on day 10-11 all came from LM. 2 of the Marans are blue/black copper, 1 is from her pen that can be birchen. :fl (one bloodringed) She is hatching some of my seramas and Swedish duck eggs. I have no idea what the blue brassy (hen) x SDW (cock) will produce, jophus commented a female may look SDW, not sure what a male would look like. I tossed in 3 of her eggs, only 1 developed, but I'm anxious to see what it produces. I have no idea of her quality, but I think she's beautiful, and she's a real sweetheart. Other than my mixed ginger-looking girl, this is the only other OEGB that I have now, that isn't SDW.
Here's how your chicks in a SDW x Blue Brassy cross "should" turn out 25% blue SDW pullets 25% SDW pullets 25% black patterned gold "intermediate" cockerels het silver. 25% blue patterned gold "intermediate" cockerels het silver.

Back
Top Bottom