Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

We did the same thing. We picked 5 we thought may be some OEGBs. We are still not sure of all 5 yet but we feeling pretty confident. 2 cockerels and 3 pullets. Here's a pic. Hopefully y'all can see them ok.

20180501_171516.jpg

sebrightes are also at my local place. I was thinking i would just get all the smallest bantams with clean legs and sell the ones that arnt oegb's off later/ thank you

Sebrights would be easy to tell and eliminate. The only one that can be hard for some people would be Japanese and I rarely see those in assorted bantam bins. Stick to clean legs, no puffy cheeks, and no sebright patterns.

In the chipmunk pattern chicks, look for dark eyeliner and distinct pattern lines for females.

Sebrights would be easy to tell and eliminate. The only one that can be hard for some people would be Japanese and I rarely see those in assorted bantam bins. Stick to clean legs, no puffy cheeks, and no sebright patterns.

In the chipmunk pattern chicks, look for dark eyeliner and distinct pattern lines for females

We must of got lucky. We got a mille fluer and white d'uccle, 1 Japanese, 1 blue rosecomb, 1 d'anver and the hopefully 5 oegb's. Along with a bunch of cochins in another batch we bought.

Just wanted to let you see my bird. As a broody she is the sweetest ever.

received_598787670508164.jpeg

Over the weekend two of her eggs were hatched in the incubator. She had not gone broody yet.

received_598788030508128.jpeg

received_598788143841450.jpeg

Below is the rooster in question. He is a mix for sure. Nankin X Splash Cornish Bantam. I can't begin to guess what the colors will be later.

20180515_135853.jpg

Another of her eggs is hatching in the incubator now. And she has now gone broody and is setting on one of her eggs plus a variety of others.

Back
Top Bottom