Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

I picked up 5 bantams at Orschelns praying that they would be SDWs and sure enough, they are. Got 2 pullets and three cockerels. This is Diesel at 11-12 weeks

diesel2.JPG
echo.JPG

and little miss Echo at about 6 weeks.

I have two BBR hens and just adore these little jewels.

IMG_20180811_122643483.jpg

My latest group. I had ordered 25 from Ideal a couple months ago. 2 were unthrifty, a snake got 7, and one died in a freak incident ( and she was my favorite :hit). So of the remaining 15, I have 8 boys and so far they are almost all ones that I would love to keep: fawn silver, golden neck, spangled, bbr, red Pyle, buff laced, red quill, crele - best guess on a few of them. The girls are BBR (2), red Pyle (3), red Quill, and buff something (hopefully golden neck also).

In other news, my mille fluer OEGB girl Toes went broody a few weeks ago. I decided to let her sit even though last time she freaked and attacked her babies. One started peeping in this egg this morning and I went out to check on it again a little while ago. It was a beautiful baby, but she put a huge hole on its head and took the brain. She is now forever banned from being a mama!!! I took the other egg and put it in the incubator and kicked her out of the nest. My Red Pyle is also broody and I hope she does not turn out to be a psycho because I have her eggs from my two Dutch girl that will be due on the 28th.

Attachments

• IMG_20180811_122643483.jpg
    IMG_20180811_122643483.jpg
    581 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom