Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

Pics! Pics! When you get a chance :)

Little Blue Brassy sport. Definitely not happy to be out of the hatcher.

I had let one of my pens out to free range a bit during the evening. I noticed my little lemon black hen was missing. Knowing that I have a fox that likes to visit around dusk, I was frantic to find her. She was nestled into a spot near a rock wall in my flower bed, and had laid an egg. Since I could ID the parents, I threw it in to the bator, mainly to check fertlity on my young birds. That egg hatched last night.

Black x Lemon Black chick. I normally don't cross up my colors, but I'm curious to see how this one turns out.

To go along with my Blue Brassy Sport, I hatched a normal Brassy Back.

Pretty little white OEGB.

Also hatched several lemon blues, a couple of blacks, and my first Brown Red of the year. My wife has decided I need an intervention.

Last edited:
Is It Only My OEGB? If I Don't Let My Quad Out To Eat Some Grass They Won't Lay. If they don't get to go outside a whole week they literally won't lay a whole week but if I let them out one day they all lay that day??

I had let one of my pens out to free range a bit during the evening. I noticed my little lemon black hen was missing. Knowing that I have a fox that likes to visit around dusk, I was frantic to find her. She was nestled into a spot near a rock wall in my flower bed, and had laid an egg. Since I could ID the parents, I threw it in to the bator, mainly to check fertlity on my young birds. That egg hatched last night.

Black x Lemon Black chick. I normally don't cross up my colors, but I'm curious to see how this one turns out.

Also hatched several lemon blues, a couple of blacks, and my first Brown Red of the year. My wife has decided I need an intervention.

I'll bid on the sport and the white !

Is It Only My OEGB? If I Don't Let My Quad Out To Eat Some Grass They Won't Lay. If they don't get to go outside a whole week they literally won't lay a whole week but if I let them out one day they all lay that day??
Mine don't like it they don't get to free range. I have an attached run (8X18), so they can get out and get some grass but the egg production still goes down. When they do free range, I know there are some that lay their eggs in the woods but I still get more eggs then when I keep them cooped up.
I once bought a blue hen at a swap. She must have been caged all her life. It was so funny watching her when I first let her loose on grass. At first she just stared at it, then she cautiously walked on it, then she pecked at it, THEN she went nuts eating it. I thought she would explode or get bound up in her crop or something, she wouldn't stop eating it.

:love :love
I would normally side with the wives, but in this case, I hope she doesn't get her way :D

Ooooh, you might have a great point there. Both my OEs and sebrights have slacked off since they haven't been roaming the yard as much. I have to let my sets out at separate times, but haven't been rotating very well. I'm going to do better and see if that helps. :)

Blue Brassy, Brassy and Blue Brassy Sport. I hit the trifecta.

The Blue Brassy didn't pip, and I was convinced it was dead in the shell, so late last night I opened the top to see what happened. The chick was very weak and not chirping. I freed it's head and put it back it the hatcher, fully expecting it to be dead in the morning. When I checked today, it appeared dead, so I went to remove it, but it had a little tone and was squirming a little. I took it out of the shell, put it back in the hatcher, again expecting to find it dead when I returned. About an hour later, I found it up and moving about with the other chicks. Go figure.

Back
Top Bottom