Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

I didn't know there were so many colors on the oegbs the red and white rooster is beautiful.

He is my baby and my favorite. He used to love to cuddle with me when he was a baby. During the winter he would flap his wings and run up me (since he couldn't fly yet) so he could snuggle inside my coat when it was cold out.

Now he is too busy being head of the flock (he keeps everyone in line, even the big roosters) but he still comes up and says hi to me now and again. I love him to death and keep my fingers crossed nothing happens to him.

As far as colors, Ideal used to carry 61 varieties of OEGBs but now they are down to "only" 43, including the blue/splash versions of some of the varieties. They aren't show quality birds by any means but the majority are friendly, all are easy to handle, and many are extremely personable.

hi guys im hoping to get into oegb! i dont want to dub them tho. is there a certain age at a show(4h) that they can be not dubbed. thx
From my limited understanding of dubbing based on reading alone because I get curious about all sorts of things I'd never attempt, the general rule of consensus seems to be by the time the bird has sickle feathers that are beginning to curve, it should be dubbed for show.

IMG_1037.JPG
My handsome boy, Cluck Norris

Back
Top Bottom