Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

View attachment 1106140 My little girl Dasy had a traumatic experience with this rain and muck today. Fortunately I just happened to be outside tending to chickens and saw it happen. Two of my bantums Cochins pounced on her at the same time and with this rain on the run I am sinking 3 to 5 inches onto mud and muck. When the roos pounced on her they had pushed her down into the muck and she couldn't get out. Because she couldn't move the roos wouldn't get off of her so I ran o to the run got the roos off her and brought her inside. She was so muddy I had to give her a bath and blew her dry then kept her inside for awhile to make sure she was ok.

Very interesting comb on that girl. I like it.

IMG_5663.JPG

So, I decided to go with Australian Cattle Dogs for varmint control with my birds. They're perfect. Relentless. Love my chickens, but keep my flock straight. Perfect catch dogs. Some OEGB roosters are crafty, hard to catch. My male, Bodhi, grabs my birds by the tail, puts a paw on them, and holds them til I get there. He has a girl, Bindi, who is 5 months younger. They're both learning from my Beta, Gabby, who fiercely defends any birds on the yard.

I feed them the best food. They eat off the grill when I cook. What do they absolutely love?

Attachments

• IMG_5664.JPG
    IMG_5664.JPG
    452 KB · Views: 10
IMG_4937.JPG

Gabby's a rescue. Smartest dog I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. As far as she's concerned, the chickens belong to her.

IMG_4938.JPG

Bodhi's a Heeler. Loves chickens. A little too much. He can catch whatever gets loose. They have a choice. Get in the pen or get caught.

IMG_5651.JPG

Bindi is my girl. Polar opposite to Bodhi. So sweet. She's still young, but is learning from Gabs and Bodhi. Strange thing, my birds that don't like my boy love her. My Bielefelder roo thinks she's special.

I love these little salmon feathers. Babies are at that funny phase where their newly feathered bodies look huge compared to their fluffy heads. :love
IMG_1286.JPG IMG_1285.JPG IMG_1284.JPG

And SunhwaKwon, because I missed your question entirely, I'm shooting with a Cannon Rebel T7i and a 50mm lens. We bought it for our wedding photography business, and guess what I use it for...

Back
Top Bottom