Show off your Peas!

Don't know where i would be without all this help.
Planting peacock

I love it when they get in the way with digging a hole and I am not being sarcastic. I like how curious the peafowl are and how they just jump right in the hole and dig around looking for grubs.

WHAT is that tree???
droolin.gif
It looks like something you would see in the jungle. You grow some cool plants.

That is why i do not live where it gets below zero, i will take a hurricane any day over sub freezing temps
I agree! I don't have to deal with shoveling snow or mud resulting from the snow melting. I love warm weather!

I love it when they get in the way with digging a hole and I am not being sarcastic. I like how curious the peafowl are and how they just jump right in the hole and dig around looking for grubs.

WHAT is that tree??? :drool  It looks like something you would see in the jungle. You grow some cool plants.

I agree! I don't have to deal with shoveling snow or mud resulting from the snow melting. I love warm weather!

Bugs??

What?
Mine like to dig through the dirt I am shoveling and look for white grubs. Sometimes they are really small and sometimes they are big. I don't know what kind of bug the grubs turn into or if that is their final form, but the peafowl like eating them.

Minx , The grubs turn into what we call June Bugs . here they come out in May and June and fly around at about 2 feet from the ground .. When I was small some 70 yrs ago we used to stick a small feather in their rump and let them fly around
old.gif
. I did not have any toys then so you made due with what you could find. The tree is a tree with Luffa sponges growing in it. ( the kind people buy to take " luxurious baths" ) The inside is filled with seeds and they do very good in Okla. connerhills

WHAT is that tree???
droolin.gif
It looks like something you would see in the jungle. You grow some cool plants.
Those are luffa sponges vines, i grow them for the birds, food and when they mature i feed the seeds to the birds and use the sponges for pot scrubbers and bathing.
I can send you some seeds, they are good to eat in stir fry when they are small and tender and the peas love them also, they are a member of the squash/gourd family.
I call them red neck wind chimes when they dry out in the trees
lau.gif
My husband said they look like a bunch of turds handing from the tree
lau.gif

ready to harvest

This is just 1 vine on the fence

Back scrubber

some that ave not been de-seeded and washed yet

Seeds, seeds and more seeds

Last edited:
Minx , The grubs turn into what we call June Bugs . here they come out in May and June and fly around at about 2 feet from the ground .. When I was small some 70 yrs ago we used to stick a small feather in their rump and let them fly around
old.gif
. I did not have any toys then so you made due with what you could find. The tree is a tree with Luffa sponges growing in it. ( the kind people buy to take " luxurious baths" ) The inside is filled with seeds and they do very good in Okla. connerhills
clap.gif

When i was a child i use to tie a string on the big green beetles and let them fly around while i held the string, so much fun with nature, i never had many toys nor did i miss them i enjoyed creating my own fun , card board boxes ere a real treat i would build forts out of them.

Wow! I'm betting they wouldn't grow up the cold north but those would be awesome to have here! Beautiful!
You replant the seeds every spring, i can send you some if you want.

Thanks for the offer! But we just bought some seeds last week! Just my luck.
roll.png
You will never have to buy them kind of seeds again one average sponge yields about 40 seeds, i think i paid 5 dollars for 20 seeds when i first started them.

Back
Top Bottom