Show off your Peas!

Here he\she is!

Cutie!
love.gif
Looks like it has a good chicken-mommy, too.
Once baby's dried and fluffed, it will be easier to see if it's White or BS.

I thought BS chicks also hatch out white but the secondary feathers have a little color to them. If it's a hen won't it be a little hard to tell if it's split to white. For male I think it would be obvious.

Wow! I just finished reading this whole thread. It was long but i didn't want to post before i read it all. On May 23rd my father in law got me two peachicks from Calahands General Store in Austin. They are both split IBs. I'm leaning tword a boy and girl. They aren't named yet. I don't know how old they are but I'm thinking 3 months old.

What do you think? Boy and girl?

Last weekend i was lucky enough to find a seller on craigslist who lives about 10 minutes from me, so i went and got month old IBs. We just started summer break and I'm trying to make these younger ones a lot tamer. They sit with my daughter watching tv on her lap. They are living in my living room right now because i haven't gotten around to rebuilding my shed i took apart a few weeks ago so i could move it. The rain just won't stop and i can't build in the mud. Though i do now know where not to build it. I would free range but the farm a mile away has a male peacock (i can hear him) and i don't want mine to leave me for there house.
Anyway, just wanted to finally share!

The babies enjoying a nap in the sunshine.

Wow! I just finished reading this whole thread. It was long but i didn't want to post before i read it all. On May 23rd my father in law got me two peachicks from Calahands General Store in Austin. They are both split IBs. I'm leaning tword a boy and girl. They aren't named yet. I don't know how old they are but I'm thinking 3 months old.

What do you think? Boy and girl?

Last weekend i was lucky enough to find a seller on craigslist who lives about 10 minutes from me, so i went and got month old IBs. We just started summer break and I'm trying to make these younger ones a lot tamer. They sit with my daughter watching tv on her lap. They are living in my living room right now because i haven't gotten around to rebuilding my shed i took apart a few weeks ago so i could move it. The rain just won't stop and i can't build in the mud. Though i do now know where not to build it. I would free range but the farm a mile away has a male peacock (i can hear him) and i don't want mine to leave me for there house.
Anyway, just wanted to finally share!

The babies enjoying a nap in the sunshine.
I could agree with the Pied ones being 3 months old. I can say there's a male for sure. The other I don't think I see barring on the shoulder and would say female. The one month old can't see their shoulders.

I thought BS chicks also hatch out white but the secondary feathers have a little color to them. If it's a hen won't it be a little hard to tell if it's split to white. For male I think it would be obvious.

Learn something new everyday! I suck at peafowl genetics and color variations and all that jazz

Back
Top Bottom