Show off your Peas!

Oh didn't you know? @zazouse is developing a new color, Zaz's Cotton Candy Surprise
2122.png
actually i have two, the algae eyed peacock and the rain bow brite

So i do not accidentally sell him like i did my favorite peacock patch, Patch lost his leg band the very day i had sold a trio, i had let a bunch in the pen to have them ready for the buy and i picked him up and put him in the transport cage because i did not know it was him as the band was gone, he had his band the night before but somehow had lost , i was heart broken and vowed to find a way to mark my next peat/pet to where i would not accidentally sell it, Marcuse was first born here this year and being the only wee pea i had hatch at the time he became super needy and turned himself into my pest/pet, so he is now a pea of many colors, next year he will be purple for cancer awareness, he will be going  gathering of folks like myself that have beat cancer butt to show his support ;)

It all makes sense now! I recall that unfortunate incident and was heartbroken for you!! They ended up not being able to even keep him did they? For some reason I thought I remember something along those lines.

It all makes sense now! I recall that unfortunate incident and was heartbroken for you!! They ended up not being able to even keep him did they? For some reason I thought I remember something along those lines.
Yes they had to sell them and i could have gotten him back but to take back something that had been at another place that had all kinds of birds purchased from differt places before he got there could not be done unless he was tested for everything possible because i have rarely have any kind of losses here due to illnesses i lost one peahen to a sinus infection back in 2011 i was just sick about it.
I had to pass getting him back for the second time for bio security reasons, now i have no idea where he is
sad.png
I took a chance on these greens, went to the breeder 4 states away so i could see how they were cared for, i knew he imported and exported and felt he was my best choice as he his animals have to pass a rigorous inspection to get in to some places and lots of paper work, i was pleased with what i saw, pens were not over crowded, clean considering the peas were all molting and he had the babies in a brooder away from the elements, so i felt comfortable buying from him, had i not been i would have come home empty handed, that is just how i am.

Do they chase cars? 10 years ago we had dogs that would bite at the wheels of our neighbors Simi when he drove down the driveway, needles to say they all ended in a horrible death. My girls have wanted another dog for so long, but we would need a good with kids, birds and not run off kind of dog.
A good guardian will chase anything that enters what they deem their territory, a LGD will roam lots of land and all of mine are pets as well as guardians, when i get a pup we start making rounds with the big dogs right off the bat so they can learn the territory.

I prefer females to males when it comes to a guardian dog they have always caught on quicker than the males and i have less issues with them wanting to play or even eat chicks when they are young.

Finally was able to sell all the remaining feathers from last year and the place that bought them wants me to return with more feathers when Colbolt and Genie are done molting.

I'm so sad, my pretty teenage peahen died sometime last night. I had an all day Girl Scout training, so i left early this morning. My daughter went outside to check on everyone at about 10am and found her completely covered in ants and she no longer had flesh on her head. Ants sure work fast. My husband baged her. I just got home and they informed me of the sad news. I looked in the bag and asks were still eating her. She was fine yesterday. Two weeks ago everyone had a sneeze to i gave them antibiotics and once they were over it i moved them outside. She was eating and drinking and still gaining weight. I'm just so sad.

this was just yesterday!

I'm so sad, my pretty teenage peahen died sometime last night. I had an all day Girl Scout training, so i left early this morning. My daughter went outside to check on everyone at about 10am and found her completely covered in ants and she no longer had flesh on her head. Ants sure work fast. My husband baged her. I just got home and they informed me of the sad news. I looked in the bag and asks were still eating her. She was fine yesterday. Two weeks ago everyone had a sneeze to i gave them antibiotics and once they were over it i moved them outside. She was eating and drinking and still gaining weight. I'm just so sad.

I'm so sorry to hear about your girl.
hugs.gif
They are so sweet and it's painful to lose them.

You just moved the peas outside into that pen, right? This sounds like it might be a predator problem, so be careful about leaving your birds out there until you figure it out. Just about anything is going to be able to get through or under that chain link. I discovered just how easily they do this when I put a trail camera in my pen and saw how many nighttime visitors my boy had, luckily they were fairly friendly visitors...

Back
Top Bottom