Show off your Peas!

You all take the most amazing pictures! All the birds are gorgeous! Been lurking & learning...One of these days I'll take the leap & get my own peas!

Finished my newest building project, here are some pics.

I have two pied and two black shouldered cocks I bought at auction, their tails are really messed up. This guy had ten mature cocks in a cage that was less than four foot by eight foot.
somad.gif
Anyway, this pied has one white eye? or is he considered just pied?

Very nice pens! A closer pic would help, but from what I can see I think the pied boy is young, probably 3 judging by the shape of some of those tail feathers. White Eye will often start out as only 1 or 2 feathers and then each year there will be more. I have seen this in 2 of mine and I think it was FBC who mentioned it in another post, referencing one of his males who had more white eyes each year. So he probably is carrying 1 copy of the WE gene if he had 2 you could expect all or almost all of the eyes to be white. Does he show white anywhere other than the throat latch and the primaries?

If that is the case then I think I have a few of those growing in the back at my Grandma's that I was thinking about digging up recently and using. I didn't realize they could look that nice the ones at my Grandmas look neglected.

Very nice pens! A closer pic would help, but from what I can see I think the pied boy is young, probably 3 judging by the shape of some of those tail feathers. White Eye will often start out as only 1 or 2 feathers and then each year there will be more. I have seen this in 2 of mine and I think it was FBC who mentioned it in another post, referencing one of his males who had more white eyes each year. So he probably is carrying 1 copy of the WE gene if he had 2 you could expect all or almost all of the eyes to be white. Does he show white anywhere other than the throat latch and the primaries

Will these do?

Evidently my Grandma saw Frosty my white peacock displaying one day when she was out there watching the peafowl. That darn peacock never displays when I am around! I got a photo of him with his train half raised on the trail camera but it was only one photo. I am not sure if he was displaying or not, but to think the whole reason I wanted a white peacock was to see the beautiful all white display and he doesn't display!! Well, not for me at least.

The trail camera I set up recently has also shown me when my peafowl fly down. So far it seems they get up right before 5:00 AM.

My boys are pretty camera shy so we put a trail camera up in their pen too. Looks like right behind their favorite branch was a hit :D
Here's a few of the best ones we got:

Caught out past bed time

And my favorite

Heres a few I got from today. I was just about to head out of their pen and I turned around to see all three of them displaying for me :)

Back
Top Bottom