Show off your Peas!

So you must really like peacocks that looks like my Thang? He is as you describe as your favorite,,He has your "Pop" factor but not much else going for him,as you may have already read here?

Take away one copy of white eye and he would, as he stands I'd call him a silver pied but not a loud pied. Plus with the whole "FAN club" and that.... his head is a little larger than I like to see.
lau.gif

I do adore Thang! He is gorgeous! Silver pieds are certainly my favorite but I like all peafowl from the India Blue breeding. Not a Java Green fan but can take some of the Spauldings.

My Bronze finally showed off real well for me. Hershey wanted Godiva to breed again since I ran her off the nest and collected the eggs before snakes or possums got them. I was able to slip in a few shots. By camera! Not a gun!
gig.gif

Last year I hatched out several of these offspring but this year so far none have hatched. That is what I get for improving the quality of food, I guess. The IBs and silver pied are hatching and I finally got my first Purple project hatching. I guess I can't have everything.

I do adore Thang! He is gorgeous! Silver pieds are certainly my favorite but I like all peafowl from the India Blue breeding. Not a Java Green fan but can take some of the Spauldings. My Bronze finally showed off real well for me. Hershey wanted Godiva to breed again since I ran her off the nest and collected the eggs before snakes or possums got them. I was able to slip in a few shots. By camera! Not a gun! :gig Last year I hatched out several of these offspring but this year so far none have hatched. That is what I get for improving the quality of food, I guess. The IBs and silver pied are hatching and I finally got my first Purple project hatching. I guess I can't have everything.
That is a beautiful bird, I will have bronze one day, I plan on buying some in the near future. I love how they look.

This is my peacock flock. The first is the king of the roost, Frost.
This is Phoenix, one of the chicks I got last spring. He's being watched by KJ the alpaca.

This is Chex, having a deep conversation with Blue, the goose.

This is all the peacocks checking out the new girl, Ice'iss who's in isolation at the moment.

Thang is a fine looking bird!

What Thang really is ,,is a dark pied Twink bird. Heading to UPA the next board meeting (heard all is done with secret handshakes over the phone now with total disregard for by-laws,so it should be a shoe in)) and try to get this new species approved. You see,much like a twinkie snack cake,it's cream filling between both of Thangs ears,no brains whatsoever.

Last edited:
Thang has no silver on him,just a plain dark pied. Head is oversized because of all the cream filling inside

Genetically speaking, what is Thang supposed to be Genotype-wise? He is the lightest dark pied I've ever seen, with no silvering I would have thought Pied White Eye, but not Dark pied???? And lets face it everyone loves Twinkies, just look at the national panic that ensued when Hostess shut down, they were selling for $40 a box on ebay!
lau.gif

Thang the Twinkie Bird...as delightful as he appears at first glance, he contains hidden treasures of sweetness.
clap.gif

His Twinkieness can be so overwhelming, so remarkable, so stupendous that it overloads the senses.
Just as in the case of FBC...who has been so swept away in the sugary flood of Twinkieness that he is rebelling against it, he is fighting his Thang addiction, he is in denial about how fabulous Thang really is...poor FBC.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom