Show off your Peas!

Jerry! Lookin' good!
clap.gif

Hasn't he shed his train feathers yet?? Our boys are all naked.

yuckyuck.gif
I have to admit that Mr. Clucky kept walking around with one long feather trailing...and trailing...and I finally just stepped on it as he went by and voila! Naked.
big_smile.png

I end up doing that with a couple every year. Drives me nuts when they shed the whole train except for 1 or 2 long ones. Ever notice how they act almost like they are scared of that 1 long feather, like they think it is following them or something.
lau.gif
At least mine act that way.

yuckyuck.gif
I have to admit that Mr. Clucky kept walking around with one long feather trailing...and trailing...and I finally just stepped on it as he went by and voila! Naked.
big_smile.png

Elvis, (IBBS/Cameo) has two broken train feathers, otherwise there isn't a train feather on the place. We caught him the other day to give him a shot and I tugged on those feathers and they didn't want to come out even when twisting them so I let them stay. I have been seeing a lot of displaying the last few days. Saw one this morning that didn't like another one displaying and he charged at him.

I'm expecting 2 new youngins hoping next week. Two whites. I was so wanting a pied but he didn't have any hatch. Does anyone here happen to have a Pied hen they would be willing to part with?

I currently have a pair of IB's, male I believe is split but I'm not sure what. I just know he has large white feathers at his wings just before his flight feathers.
My male is approximately 2 1/2 and the hen approx 1 1/2.

I'm also interested if anyone has any advice when keeping whites with IB'S I've noticed they tend to pick on the White Silkies more so than any other of my chickens. I'm concerned they might not take to them as they did to each other. They were not raised together but took to each other very quickly. Him more than she.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom