Show off your Peas!

The "Spalding attitude" ... in all its splendor!
Oh ...! cristatus domesticus .... what a slap!

If the Spalding brings no grace ... no magnificence ... I don't like Spaldings!
A Spalding with short legs is ZERO!
A little yellow in the face .... it's not enough !

The "Spalding attitude" ... in all its splendor! Oh ...! cristatus domesticus .... what a slap! If the Spalding brings no grace ... no magnificence ... I don't like Spaldings! A Spalding with short legs is ZERO! A little yellow in the face .... it's not enough !
Still a looker though, very nice some would call it an emerald spaulding in which I hate that name as it is overused on the wrong birds, either way very healthy bird indeed. Gerald Barker

For me it's only a 50% spalding because feathers of the neck are just beginning to change .Here you can see every feathers one by one ( By the blue peacock we don't see every feather only a blue mass!).
With over green blood each pen will have an eye more and more visible.
Now the name is High %tage spalding because with all the new mutations only a few of them are emerald .... blue and green mix .

I don't have anything as exotic and stunning as the other recent pics but I was wondering if you could help me out. I thought my white was a peacock but now I'm wondering if it's a hen?
Pride has finally gotten his first full train and is feeling very proud of himself.
smile.png

Your White looks like a peahen to me. Solid neck feathers, no wispy premature train feathers, and the tail coverts are not passing the tail. If you go out looking for another White male here are some ways to tell.
Here's a young White male next to a White hen. See how the male's feathers are wispy like. The hen's feathers are more solid.

Here' a White peacock's neck feathers. They look like hair kind of. A hen's neck feathers are more solid.

Here's a pic of my Indian Blue peacock's neck feathers. The structure will be the same on a White peacock.

I don't have anything as exotic and stunning as the other recent pics but I was wondering if you could help me out. I thought my white was a peacock but now I'm wondering if it's a hen?
Pride has finally gotten his first full train and is feeling very proud of himself.
smile.png

Pride is looking good! Your White is definitely a hen and Pride is split to White so they will make some pretty babies for you. Let me know if you need another White cock.

Pride is looking good! Your White is definitely a hen and Pride is split to White so they will make some pretty babies for you. Let me know if you need another White cock.
Your White looks like a peahen to me. Solid neck feathers, no wispy premature train feathers, and the tail coverts are not passing the tail. If you go out looking for another White male here are some ways to tell.
LL
Here's a young White male next to a White hen. See how the male's feathers are wispy like. The hen's feathers are more solid.
LL
Here' a White peacock's neck feathers. They look like hair kind of. A hen's neck feathers are more solid.
LL
Here's a pic of my Indian Blue peacock's neck feathers. The structure will be the same on a White peacock.
Thanks for the input! I'm thinking my white definitely looks more like a hen than a cock as well. Birdrain thanks for the great pics and info!!

He is very nice especially his crest. If possible, could you get me a pic of his back and shoulders? Im curious to see a comparison between him and a Java at that age, as I have no Imperators, yet... Thank you.
1f44d.png

Gerald Barker
Yesterday I got some more photos of Raptor.

He was pecking the camera.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom