Show off your roosters

Fibro Easter Egger
Michael

So Gold duck winget for my guy Fester too? My avatar. He's over 2 yrs. now and great rooster.
Your Fester has more golden/yellow feathering than crisp silver. Gold Duckwing is Silver Duckwing with gold 'leakage'. He is likely carrying a gold base color gene in addition to silver, instead of just the leakage. But he definitely does have the 'duckwing/partridge' pattern.
When it comes to Easter Eggers, color is a general guess. Just because a bird looks to fit a specific color, does not mean that it will breed like a bird that is 'pure' for that coloring.

Gold duckwing Easter Egger. Splash have two copies of the 'Blue' gene, and will not have any black as a result.

I thought I had been told wrong. Not even ameraucana then? I know how splash gene is in other breeds so I thought that was wrong. Does the color you said refer to color pattern or what was used to make Easter Egger. If not any guesses as to what his mom was?

I thought I had been told wrong. Not even ameraucana then? I know how splash gene is in other breeds so I thought that was wrong. Does the color you said refer to color pattern or what was used to make Easter Egger. If not any guesses as to what his mom was?
Gold Duckwing is his color/pattern. It does not mean that either of his parents where that color, just that they had some genes that combined to produce it. He looks like a typical hatchery Easter Egger, so not really a mixed breed. Hatchery Easter Egger type birds were actually the foundation for the recognized Ameraucana breed. It's a common misconception that Easter Eggers are mixed breeds, and some are. But most are hatchery sourced, and those birds aren't mixed. They are the descendants of the originally imported birds from South America. It's the Ameraucana that was derived from Easter Eggers, not the other way around.

Back
Top Bottom