Show off your roosters

My 13 week old rooster. He's awesome so far. I'm waiting for the hormones to really kick in though. He's 15 weeks now and discovered crowing.

Site is not liking get my phone and won't tag people

Oh ok. I thought it might be something like that.. :)

My 13 week old rooster. He's awesome so far. I'm waiting for the hormones to really kick in though. He's 15 weeks now and discovered crowing.

You never know. I have 2 very randy full grown roosters and they are still cuddle bugs. I've probably just jinxed myself lol very handsome boy btw... :)

Cricket, my 5 month old Silver Laced Wyandotte

stunning. :)

"Gorgeous! Are you working towards Crele?"

-Not working towards crele. I'm trying for a red-base color with the columbian restrictor, muffed and turquoise blue/green eggs. Crele would be so much easier! The barring is just an added bonus.

do the roos have to bee far away from hens so that they don't fight and kill each other? I have 4 coops but they are separated with the wire only.
I have 2 pens the only thing separating then is fencing right now, we haven't had any problem with them fighting each other or kill each other as of yet (fingers crossed) if that happens we will relocate the roos.

I have 2 pens the only thing separating then is fencing right now, we haven't had any problem with them fighting each other or kill each other as of yet (fingers crossed) if that happens we will relocate the roos.

I read it's good for them to be able to see the hens because it helps with socialization but them knowing they can't breed the hens prevents them from fighting. So far it's working out for us. I'm glad to see someone else has been successful as well. I'm considering letting the roosters free range a bit in our yard. :)

Back
Top Bottom