Show or not Show Quality?

Pics
@The Moonshiner, sorry if I’m bothering you, do I happen to be correct? Does the roo have a copy of dominant white?
You're never a bother.
I don't believe he is white at all. He may carry a copy of recessive white but what he is showing I believe is just silver. Like a columbian type.
Silkies are supposed to be recessive white. Which takes two copies to show. Recessive white is great at covering everything. So if one copy it doesn't show and you won't be able to tell by sight. If he had two copies he wouldn't be showing all that color.
Dominate white doesn't do much for covering gold/buff/red etc. But covers black, blue etc.
One copy of dominate white works the same as two except it lets some color bleed through or show. If you see a white bird with black specks like an austra white or a paint silkie that is one copy of dominate white. Either one or two copies he wouldn't be showing so much color in his tail.
Hope that was easy enough to follow.

You're never a bother.
I don't believe he is white at all. He may carry a copy of recessive white but what he is showing I believe is just silver. Like a columbian type.
Silkies are supposed to be recessive white. Which takes two copies to show. Recessive white is great at covering everything. So if one copy it doesn't show and you won't be able to tell by sight. If he had two copies he wouldn't be showing all that color.
Dominate white doesn't do much for covering gold/buff/red etc. But covers black, blue etc.
One copy of dominate white works the same as two except it lets some color bleed through or show. If you see a white bird with black specks like an austra white or a paint silkie that is one copy of dominate white. Either one or two copies he wouldn't be showing so much color in his tail.
Thanks!

You're never a bother.

Thanks for the info! I don't mind him not being a pure color silkie.

Back
Top Bottom