Show Quality Examples for the following breeds....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here why bother with the little people, this is the Buff Orpington takes supreme champion title at National Federation

thumbsup.gif

Her is a few picture of my show quality birds they

Took 1st in every show they have been shown in!
13569_blackhen1.jpg

The cochin rooster took third out of 26
13569_white2.jpg

The rest hasnt been beat yet!
13569_whiteh1.jpg

13569_p2010041.jpg

I never got to show these because they froze during the last Ise storm when I wasnt home they were the tipiest and the smallest Ive ever seen and I( havent seen any this good in quality but this is the only pic I have left of them!

13569_show_sebrights.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
My dear Lord that bird is beautiful.

That bird looks like someone kicked it's butt up to it's shoulders. Very dumpy looking.
roll.png

Last edited:
Actually LEE, I think the reference to little people was to their size. Clarence Cannon is in his 80's, prolly not a big dude. Obviously in a REAL SHOW here in the states, Clarence's 14 Dinosaur Buff Orpington Roo, and prolly the 5 runner ups at the Chehalis Show this past Spring of 2009, would easily win over the Dumpy Buff in the pic. LOLOL That is awesome. I am sorry LOLOL
In all seriousness SUNSHINE, better listen to the people who have your best interests in heart. I read some of your previous posts. You seem to be trying to get something going, and I respect that. I know LEE from the internet, he has bought Buff's from Doug Akers. LEE knows Buff ORPS. IF he says that UK Buff is DUMPY to US standards, believe me he knows. LOLOL I love that. LOLOL
These are names of the very best Buff Breeders here in the US. Doug Akers is not a big guy either. You can call him a LITTLE PEOPLE. Heather Vermazen, lets her daughter Sarah show their birds. She is tall, but slender. I wouldn't call her a little people, LOLOLOL However, your can decide from the pics shown on the UNITED ORPINGTON CLUB. A CLUB dedicated to preserving the Standars of Orpingtons in the good ole USA.
This pic of Clarence Cannon's 14 lbs BUFF ROO, the 2009 Chehalis WINNER, pic says it all.
IF you want to WIN in the USA with Orpingtons, which bird do you want?
Give me the 85 year ole chicken farmer's,
and his 50 years of raising healthy birds that do not die from diseases, HE IS A GOD!!!!

372741787.jpg

Here are black bantam cochins. The cockbird took reserve grand champion and BV at two different shows. The hen took BV and Best Featherleg at two different shows. I'll look for a closeup of the roo and post if I can find it. The bottom pic is the two of them together. The first pic is the hen is her show cage.

9079_diva.jpg

9079_dsc00113.jpg

For UK loving folks, IF you ALL want to belly up and help Sunshine buy and import birds ( at $1,000 a bird ) from the UK, and pay for her trips to show her UK ORPS back in Europe, I am ALL for you telling her to go out and get some birds from the UK. IF you guys don't want to send her back to Europe, where the birds you tell her to get, can compete and our USA ORPS can not, I am giving her the truth of what will WIN at SHOWS here in the states with Orpingtons.
See I am actually trying to help Sunshine. Who in my opinion, is prolly a younger chicken fancier, who is just getting started. And younger minds are much more impressionable. Not give personal preferences that are misleading in what will WIN here in the USA ORP WORLD. IF she would be lucky enough to have a Buff EXACTLY like the one AVECA thinks she should get. Sunshine would be closer to the bottom then the top in a BIG SHOW here in the states. And being a loyal BYCer, NOT wanting to give her BAD advice, which can only leave her with the opinion, that folks here at BYC do not care to tell her the truth, and in this case, folks who don't even have ORPS are going out of their way to mislead her. I don't want her to feel that ALL BYCers do not care about giving her GOOD ADVICE.
So SUNSHINE do your homework and see what Orpingtons are WINNING here in the USA, not getting trounced, go to the UNITED ORPINGTON CLUB, and look at the photos. You will see a noticeable difference in our USA Orps then the UK ORPS. You will see CLARENCE CANNON'S 14 lbs Buff Orp Roo as the WINNER in a large show here in the states. Clarence's Roo would make the Roo AVECA recommended look like a BUFF ORP BANTAM here at a SHOW in the states. Being a member of the UNITED ORPINGTON CLUB I am just trying to give Sunshine a bit of advice that will allow her to have a GOOD ORPINGTON EXPERIENCE & BYC experience.
And I actually did NAME NAMES of breeders to look and compare with. What a novel idea. LoLoLoL Will you UK folks please give SUNSHINE some breeders that YOU think she should go toto get Orpingtons? And then she can compare and make her own decision. That is where I am coming from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom