Show Quality Examples for the following breeds....

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunshineSteedFarm

Seramatching Equestrian
10 Years
Aug 18, 2009
Georgia
I am looking for show quality/breeder quality pictures of the following breeds...

-Orpingtons
-Silkies
-Sebrights
-Old English Game
-Dutch Bantams
-Japanese Bantams
-Serama
-Polish
-Bantam Cochin

Thanks so much!
big_smile.png

.. I should have taken more pictures of sebrights at the show , but I was so busy taking pics of everybody elses accomplishments that I kind of forgot them. I will pen her up this week and take her pic., and captian jack sparrow who breaks wench feathers and had to be moved to other farm.

Buck Creek Chickens hit the nail on the head. Go to breed clubs, and look at the pics. OR check out Poultry Press, they show pics of the WINNING birds from the BIGGER shows. Then you know it is not someone here who was told their bird is show quality, even though that bird has never won anything. I have a couple of Orps who have been in shows. And one even won a show, BUT he can not hold a candle to the Clarence Cannons, or Doug Akers, or Heather Vermazens of the Buff Orp world. Even though the boy I got was bred by Heather. I hate the use of the term Show Quality. It is SO OVER USED. Exhibition Quality is a more appropriate term. IN MY opinion.

I kind of agree with you, but when I hear the word show, and Exhibition, to me are exactly the same thing, maybe potential show or Exhibition quality. I also dont think mine are up to top snuff, still got lots of work to do.. but dont advertise anything even thou we just got a lot of blues, there is always room for improvement , even the best nit pick over details.and strive to be even better. You notice those top people dont talk too much about it, they just do it, people would probably drive them nuts if they let them..They dont waste thier time listening to people trying to destroy thier happiness .You know how people are, They are really saying, Im not happy so your not going to be happy either. they know what they need to do and they focus on the task they set for themselves. Thats how they got where they are, talk a very little and do lots, have you ever heard the old saying those who can do and those who cant teach.?or in this day and age just talk.

The words ,,,,BACK ...YARD...POULTRY sounds like a lot of people with BACK ...YARD.... BIRDS just enjoying each others company, and showing and maybe not looking to win an olympic medal..

Maybe they should change the name from BACKYARD CHCICKENS to World champs only

But Most world champ owners are out in thier barns mixing thier special feeds for the morning not talking about it.

Last edited:
also if you want show quality, buy the best stock you can get your hands on read the book of standard and set a goal, and breed to that standard, the best thing is every judges opinion is different, follow the standard as close as you can and enjoy what your doing

I am sorry, I didn't know you were from the UK. Well, then all my leads are worthless. Cause US orpington standards are FAR different then the UK's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom