show quality speckled sussex ??

Hum. Maybe contact Brian Woods at English River thru BYC. I think he got out of Speckled Sussex? Not sure. But if he can tell you to whom he sold birds in the USA, then maybe you can connect with some of his flocks genetics. Or maybe he sold to someone in Canada who sold to someone in the States who has birds available. maybe some retired breeder birds which would be even more helpful because they would be even close to Brian's genetics. I would start out with Brian and see what falls out of the tree. Also keep on touch with Leela, she has a knack for this breed.
Best,
Karen
Best,
Karen
Brian is out of SS. Sandra Ross is as well. I believe the flocks were dispersed among a few folks. Paul Monteith has some and he sent some to Rod Clow. Both are judges in Canada. If you are in the US your prospects are currently slim in acquiring juveniles or finished birds. It will be a couple of years before I will be offering any. Contact Ernie Haire or Tony Albritton for US. Tony didn't sell any birds this year due to personal reasons, but he may be back on track next year. For contact info on any of these folks that are show breeders, consult the APA yearbook. It's worth the membership fee.

Leela
Kindred Hill Farm NH

Last edited:
Brian is out of SS. Sandra Ross is as well. I believe the flocks was dispersed among a few folks. Paul Monteith has some and he sent some to Rod Clow. Both are judges in Canada. If you are in the US your prospects are currently slim in acquiring juveniles or finished birds. It will be a couple of years before I will be offering any. Contact Ernie Haire or Tony Albritton for US. Tony didn't sell any birds this year due to personal reasons, but he may be back on track next year. For contact info on any of these folks that are show breeders, consult the APA yearbook. It's worth the membership fee. 

Leela
Kindred Hill Farm NH

Will you sell eggs? Where in MN are you located?

I will and do sell eggs. I have a state licensed hatchery and am NPIP. So I would need to either have or get an import permit for your state.

I will not sell eggs right now, I am in molt here and in the resting period before I gear up for production in mid December. My eggs would have very low to no fertility right now, I do not have them on lights at this time and am pushing high protein feed instead of layer feed.

But I would love to sell you some eggs.

I will and do sell eggs.  I have a state licensed hatchery and am NPIP. So I would need to either have or get an import permit for your state. 

I will not sell eggs right now, I am in molt here and in the resting period before I gear up for production in mid December. My eggs would have very low to no fertility right now, I do not have them on lights at this time and am pushing high protein feed instead of layer feed.

But I would love to sell you some eggs.

My father lives in Owatonna, let me know when you have some and I'll see where things are at. Thanks for the offer.

Brian is out of SS. Sandra Ross is as well. I believe the flocks were dispersed among a few folks. Paul Monteith has some and he sent some to Rod Clow. Both are judges in Canada. If you are in the US your prospects are currently slim in acquiring juveniles or finished birds. It will be a couple of years before I will be offering any. Contact Ernie Haire or Tony Albritton for US. Tony didn't sell any birds this year due to personal reasons, but he may be back on track next year. For contact info on any of these folks that are show breeders, consult the APA yearbook. It's worth the membership fee.

Leela
Kindred Hill Farm NH

Is Sandra out of Light Sussex also?
Thanks,
karen

Now by now he should be downsizing for the winter and might, just might have a few to rehome.

Definitely wold contact him and see.

copied from Allen's facebook page:

Allen Estep

July 7 ·

The 2016 hatch for my large Sussex is now in the history book. 50+ chicks from some absolutely magnificent old hens.
Very excited to see what they look like when they grow up!
----------------------------------------------
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010048054409
Here, go see Allen Estep. he has lovly Speckled Sussex. Look at the stunning dark mahogany bay on his birds! I've known Allen for several years now. A really nice person.

Best,
Karen

Oh just an FYI, any if anyone in Sussexland tells you any Speckled Sussex is "Gay"..what they mean is that the bird has a bit more white on it than they would like to see.

Last edited:
Now by now he should be downsizing for the winter and might, just might have a few to rehome.

Definitely wold contact him and see.

copied from Allen's facebook page:

Allen Estep

July 7 · The 2016 hatch for my large Sussex is now in the history book. 50+ chicks from some absolutely magnificent old hens. Very excited to see what they look like when they grow up! ---------------------------------------------- https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010048054409 Here, go see Allen Estep. he has lovly Speckled Sussex. Look at the stunning dark mahogany bay on his birds! I've known Allen for several years now. A really nice person. Best, Karen Oh just an FYI, any if anyone in Sussexland tells you any Speckled Sussex is "Gay"..what they mean is that the bird has a bit more white on it than they would like to see. I've sent a pm to him, hoops to hear back and thanks again for your assistance!!

Back
Top Bottom