Show your emu pens for ideas

Pollitollito

Chirping
9 Years
Jun 6, 2010
PUERTO RICO
Hey there, can you show off pics of the emus pens you have, ah any ideas... newbie on this and Think got 2 babies soon, when can they play outside, what should I do the first months for caring them!!! please help

As little ones I take children's plastic play pen fencing and make a pen with shavings on the floor. Then as they get older and it is warm outside, I made long panels from 6x16 ft planks, one on the bottom and one on top with small square wire in the middle. I make 4 of those to make a box. Then I but flight netting over the top. They have a dog house to sleep in. Now they are too big so they run the side pasture. My big emus are in the horse pasture... So nothing too exciting to show I'm afraid... Lol

As little ones I take children's plastic play pen fencing and make a pen with shavings on the floor. Then as they get older and it is warm outside, I made long panels from 6x16 ft planks, one on the bottom and one on top with small square wire in the middle. I make 4 of those to make a box. Then I but flight netting over the top. They have a dog house to sleep in. Now they are too big so they run the side pasture. My big emus are in the horse pasture... So nothing too exciting to show I'm afraid... Lol

we will be working on a hoop coop for the babies this weekend... If I remember to take pics I'll post them later

we will be working on a hoop coop for the babies this weekend... If I remember to take pics I'll post them later

Super, I got the 2 huge ones bah huge they are only 2 months now ;lol, on a petsmart 10 x 5 run its made of fencing material, as they grow I want to put them in a larger pen so let keep this so we can all put our ideas in motion !!!

here's a link to our hoop coop for the babies.. this will only be for them to sleep in at night until they are bigger.. it will also serve as a safe play area when I can't supervise them .. so as soon as we get the hardware cloth to finish it it will be their new temporary home

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/our-hoop-coops

if we had a "daddy" emu to tend to them then we would just let them free range now.. but for the time being I would rather play it a little safe and give them a secure enclosure for when I can't be there with them

Back
Top Bottom