Showgirl thread- for posting pictures and discussing breed!

So my turken rooster that i planned to keep is not acting very nice to the ladies and he is one of my only LF birds. My gold and white rooster is a barnyard mutt and i don't think he'd make very cute babies. Now if i were to get one of my two black show girl roosters what kind of offspring could i expect? What kind of percentage would be NN? Both look like this.
with 2 bowties you will get 25 clean 50 bowtie 25 all feathered.

with 2 bowties you will get 25 clean 50 bowtie 25 all feathered.
Great thanks i ended up getting one of my show girls back and am selling my turken this weekend. His black feathers give off a green iridescence like a black australorpe. It's pretty interesting.

So here are my 3 showgirls. I have the one black male, a 1st-2nd generation white showgirl pullet and a white smooth feathered showgirl pullet.

From what I am seeing the "Boys" do tend to have a little lighter neck and more red shows up.  I have a Black 15th Generation... no Turken since the initial breeding and he has a Mulberry Comb and neck.  I have not bred him to another Showgirl yet.  I was told the same thing... Showgirl to Showgirl = less quality.  But I think I'll put it to the test on the 16th Generation babies when they are old enough.  I can not wait to see what color the baby in the pic above turns out to be.  Any of you with an idea...???  Let me know and we will track it through feathering out and see!!!
Do you sell eggs?

Does anyone have any vaulted non-bearded Showgirls with moorcap (darker head feathering)? I am looking for chicks, or a roo, for a project!

Example of moorcap Showgirls below - not my photos.

And moorcap Silkies (again, not my photos) -

Last edited:
Hi all, do all show girl roo X silkie girl crosses or visa Vera produce the black sex linked skin pullets ?

Thanks

They don't produce sex links....the sg roo over a sikie hen will produce black skinned birds--either silkies or showgirls, but not sex linked unless you can cross the right colors (red X barred for example, both rare colors in this breed)

Last edited:
Does anyone have any vaulted non-bearded Showgirls with moorcap (darker head feathering)? I am looking for chicks, or a roo, for a project! Example of moorcap Showgirls below - not my photos. And moorcap Silkies (again, not my photos) -
I believe I have a silkie chick growing out with this coloring, and if it is a she, she will be used in my breeding program, it would be fun to see more of these! I am hoping for a she! I already have a roo that I love.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom