Showgirl thread- for posting pictures and discussing breed!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by rilly10, Nov 2, 2010.

1. racuda

racuda Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    North Carolina
    Quote:Page 307 in the 2010 SOP says "Frizzel bantams may be shown in any breed or variety set forth in this Standard of Perfection"

2. chickendales

chickendales Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Michigan
    Quote:Page 307 in the 2010 SOP says "Frizzel bantams may be shown in any breed or variety set forth in this Standard of Perfection"

i under stand that part, i just wounder how they got that put in to the standard because it be nice if all show girls regoginsed all silkie colors

3. rilly10

rilly10 Clover Field Farm

May 18, 2010
    Pottstown, PA

I am not sure how the process for something like that would be started. It would have to be approached as a "Naked Neck" approval, not showgirl that way. Then you could show a Naked Neck Silkie, like you would a Frizzle Bantam Cochin.

4. chickendales

Feb 24, 2011
    Michigan

I am not sure how the process for something like that would be started. It would have to be approached as a "Naked Neck" approval, not showgirl that way. Then you could show a Naked Neck Silkie, like you would a Frizzle Bantam Cochin.

yes that what i met

5. rilly10

May 18, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    Hey Silkie_Sue!!! I have one chick out of the eggs you sent me! It is a perfect start to a white program...a white non-bowtied chick! MONSTER vaulted head, great toes, nice middle toe feathering, and black skin! I have never had a non-bowtied before but this will be really cool to breed to a white silkie and get 100% bow-ties! I will try to get pics tonight he/she is still all wet in the bator with 5 more eggs so it may be a while!

6. chickendales

Feb 24, 2011
    Michigan
    i thought i bought 2 nice pullets and one ended up being very nicely volted cockerl

7. rilly10

May 18, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    I won't mind either way (pullet vs cockerel) since this is a new project color for me. Either way I will keep it and pair it with the nicest white silkies I can find for my first year. Since this chick is a clean necked, all of the off spring will be bow-tied. I will grow them out, keep the nicest ones and breed them back to silkies for a second generation.

I am so excited to start with whites! Thanks again Silkie_Sue! [​IMG]

8. chickendales

Feb 24, 2011
    Michigan
    i almost always breed silkie to showgirl to better the type

9. rilly10

May 18, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    I have always ONLY bred bowtied to silkie. This will be my first time trying a clean neck. I personally have never bred showgirl to showgirl. The pictures of Sheryl Butlers clean necks were what made me want to give it a shot!

10. chickendales

Feb 24, 2011
    Michigan
    Quote:i breed showgirl to showgirl this year to get homosiguse babies to breed to silkies next year

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by