Showgirl thread- for posting pictures and discussing breed!

I have one! It came from blueridge silkies. Not a great picture but his website has some photos.

Those are adorable but dont look cuckoo at all?

I got a trio at the mnt. Hope Ohio auction and I was wondering if anyone had any.
Only the one is cuckoo it's hard to see any of the color banding in this photo. Mine came from blueridgesilkies.com from hatching eggs. I am looking for showgirl eggs to hatch of any color! Let me know if anyone has any.

Think of Barred Rock. Black and white speckles.
Too bad we haven't come far enough with the Silkie breeding, a big issue right now is trying to get the skin and combs dark enough. Work in progress!

I am picking up a gorgeous, frizzled, blue silkie roo to put with my black and white showgirl hens and two white SQ silkies. Woot! Putting this roo with my black showgirl and the possibility of getting a blue or black frizzled showgirl is finally here. So excited! Not a lot of knowledge of the genetics outside of B/B/S...what do you get when you cross a blue roo with a white hen?

I am picking up a gorgeous, frizzled, blue silkie roo to put with my black and white showgirl hens and two white SQ silkies. Woot! Putting this roo with my black showgirl and the possibility of getting a blue or black frizzled showgirl is finally here. So excited! Not a lot of knowledge of the genetics outside of B/B/S...what do you get when you cross a blue roo with a white hen?

Cool! I once had a showgirl/frizzled-polish cross rooster and he was the cutest thing I've ever seen (taken by a raccoon sadly). I bet your frizzled naked neck silkies will look similar - very cute! When crossing blue and white, it depends on whether the white is dominant or recessive (or both in some birds). The rooster I mentioned was white (with white dad and laced mom). If it's only recessive white, then the babies would be split-white (appear blue or black with leakage probably). When you put those back with white though you'd get 50% white assuming all are recessive white only. If any of the birds have dominant white in them though you could even end up with some paint color. If your blue roo is split-recessive white (no way to tell until breeding), then you'd probably get 50% white, 25% blue, 25% black. You'll find out soon!

Back
Top Bottom