Showgirl thread- for posting pictures and discussing breed!

Oh I see. Thanks for the response.. I thought I killed the thread lol
They're little dark necks are so cute. Can't wait for them to grow up!

It's a slow thread :)
Do watch them closer I do find strippers grow slower and need more heatthen comparable chicks if the keel strip is large. Note all chickens have this keel strip its just easier to see on these guys.

The naked neck gene does not just affect the neck it also reduces overall feathers by 40% or so. If you look at an adult NN look to see where the feathers attach and you will see they are not all over but in a few rows with some big bare spots. as babys it is more noticable but when they are adults the feathers lay over the bare spots and they are less noticable.

[/IMG]

post a reply, and click the 6th icon from the right (insert image). Then upload files and find the pics on your computer.

A couple of my 7 week old babies. I think this one is a pullet. This is my favorite of the bunch Tamar. She's super cute.

This one is a cockerel. Look @ that comb!

Okay I'm trying to read all the back post but I just got my first Showgirl.

She's about 3 months old.

She has the best little personality.

Do they have any other health requirements than Silkie? Or winter care?

I have this NN smoth Sizzle I'm working with in a Sizzle project.

I was sent home with a paint NN from feed store. It has pink skin and a single comb. It's staying small, but I assume it's a Turkin. It's in with polish and Sizzle grow outs. I don't know what I will do with it in spring. I guess it depends on the size. At 3+ months I'm hoping it's a pullet.

Last edited:
Okay I'm trying to read all the back post but I just got my first Showgirl.

She's about 3 months old.

She has the best little personality.

Do they have any other health requirements than Silkie? Or winter care?

I have this NN smoth Sizzle I'm working with in a Sizzle project.

I was sent home with a paint NN from feed store. It has pink skin and a single comb. It's staying small, but I assume it's a Turkin. It's in with polish and Sizzle grow outs. I don't know what I will do with it in spring. I guess it depends on the size. At 3+ months I'm hoping it's a pullet.
nice little show girl! shes got some good color in her skin, will be helpful with your sizzles.

Back
Top Bottom