Showing at a county or state fair - question..

I entered 3 of my chickens and would like to go see them everyday to make sure they are ok, but I was unsure if I had to pay the 6$ every day to get in to go see them!

At all the fairs I (as a kid) and my kids have been to the exhibitors get a wrist band that gets you in the gate. I guess it would depend on the fair but the animals have to be cared for and unless they have someone to do it for you, you have to be there.

Last edited:
Our kids have to help clean up the fairgrounds in the spring, that "pays" their entry fees. At least half of each club is supposed to show up to get everyone's passes. Each leader also gets a pass. If you are camping, you get a car pass including in your camping fees. Parents and sibs can buy a week long passes to get in (doesn't cover rides) at reduced rate. I solved that problem by becoming a leader, Dh uses the camper pass and sibs are either in 4-H or enter something in the open classes, it is cheap and they get a pass too.

Oh, forgot to say, all cages/pens must be cleaned by 10 am every morning and the kids are responsible for keeping the animals fed and watered through out the day. Plus our kids must be there on show day to put their birds on the show table and if they are entered in showmanship, to also show themselves with their birds.

Last edited:
When I showed in the fair I got a wrist band, but my parents had to pay.
smile.png

Ooh, Bec, are you showing at the state fair?!! I was considering showing the sheep or goats at our county fair. No chickens unless you're in 4-H at our county fair.
hmm.png

every fair is different are you a 4h er, FFA, or something like that, at my fair even the 4h kids have to buy a band its less than reg. but your best bet is to call where you are going to show and ask.

Back
Top Bottom