sicilian buttercups!!!!!

I have one buttercup chick and one, I believe, is a cross, it's booted. I was told the both were buttercups. I cant get a good pic of the booted or I would post it. I had questions about the breed. When do they start showing sex, and are the really talkative? They are in a brooder in the living room and those 2, are especially chatty.

Last edited:
I have one buttercup chick and one, I believe, is a cross, it's booted. I was told the both were buttercups. I cant get a good pic of the booted or I would post it. I had questions about the breed. When do they start showing sex, and are the really talkative? They are in a brooder in the living room and those 2, are especially chatty.
Mine are quite talkative. They make a lot of noise when I go out to fees them and when they've laid an egg. Otherwise they stay pretty quiet. The do like to fly quite a bit so I clip wings. They are small and sweet and actually really good layers. Medium pink eggs.

Mine are quite talkative. They make a lot of noise when I go out to fees them and when they've laid an egg. Otherwise they stay pretty quiet. The do like to fly quite a bit so I clip wings. They are small and sweet and actually really good layers. Medium pink eggs.

Oooooooo, pink eggs! I clip everyone's wing even the ducks. LOL I just start clipping and dont stop. Thanks for the info.

Mine is 2 years old and went on an egg laying hiatus for a few months during the winter but back laying every few days. She is sweet, bows down and spreads her wings for little kids to pet her. She is beautiful too!

Here is my pullet with 2 silver leghorns

Can't seem to find anyone online who raises them. Most are old threads, old dead links. I have two 23 week old hens that haven't laid yet. Because of the lack of breeders I'm seriously considering taking them on with my Andi's as well. I'm ordering from MMcMurray again. This time a cockerel and a couple more pullets.

Can't seem to find anyone online who raises them. Most are old threads, old dead links. I have two 23 week old hens that haven't laid yet. Because of the lack of breeders I'm seriously considering taking them on with my Andi's as well. I'm ordering from MMcMurray again. This time a cockerel and a couple more pullets.

I have three girls hatched in Aug. Considering the time of year, I am hoping for eggs in March. My hatching eggs came from the University of Arkansas Poultry Sciences department. Dr. Bramwell there works with Heritage breeds. They are adorable little birds, and fast.

Back
Top Bottom