sick baby chick

rebelboy

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 16, 2013
can anyone please help me with my chick it has light green poop running down its bottom and it sounds like it is pain when it trys to poop

why don't you try giving a probotic like ProBios. when my baby had pasty butt and diarrhea I used it and it worked wonderfully. it cured her bottom. what probios is is powered good bacteria that gets into the gut and fights the bad bacteria off. therefore it can actually reduce disease. its good to give to the whole flock. it has many different good bacteria in it and will balance the gut and stool will become normal again. a jar lasts a long time and you can buy it by going online and searching for PROBIOS FOR CHICKENS. the site will come up. I use mine often. you can use everyday. its put into the water. I use 1/2 teaspoon per gallon of water. it comes with a measurer. it also fights off cocci by establishing the good bacteria in the gut and it will actually fight off the bad bacteria. my chick was better in around three days. she never got poppy butt again. its better than giving plain yogurt because it has more of the good bacteria in it. I love this product its natural and works great. I highly recommend this product! your chick should be better in a couple of days of using it. you can also continue to use it for the health of the whole flock. just as probotics are good for people they are excellent for chickens too and will balance out the health of the gut. if you can't wait for probios the feed store also carries probotics. its rooster booster probotics. that will help too! just get her some chicken probotics . you will soon see a big improvement. I hope this is helpful. it works for me very well. good luck.

thank you so much,can i give them plain yogurt until i make it to my local co op

yes as long as it has LIVE cultures in it. it would say with LIVE cultures or LIVE bacteria. but when you get a change do get the probotics its going to make a wonderful difference. my poor little chick had poppy butt so bad I was having to pull it off her bottom because it would get crusted on there and in a couple days after giving the probotics it cured it right up never to return again thank God! you can give the plain yougart until you get the probotics. I just ordered mine online but its likely best you go to the feed lot and get it so its there quicker for her. the one at the feed store is in the isle with rooster booster products. its a small jar I believe its rooster booster brand. its better for her because its got several live cultures. keep me posted on how she's doing please. you're in my thoughts and prayers. hope she gets well soon. if not you might have to try tetracycline or oxytetracycline both are known to treat diarrhea successfully if the natural treatment does not work. best wishes. but try the natural treatment first. I think it should work out well.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom