Sick bird maybe respiratory

Bmxer883

Chirping
Apr 18, 2021
IMG_20220525_172416423_HDR.jpg

So chicken closet I noticed yesterday to act little funny and it's comb the red part on head is fallen over and not as red. I had a chicken before where that turned blue then chicken was very sick and died so I'm worried same might happen.

Chicken is up moving around like normal but I thought it looked like it was taking deep breaths? I haven't had much sickness before so I'm unsure what to look for or do so any help would be appreciated I'm little worried cause everyone has been talking about the bird flu.

How old is she? Does she seem overheated, and do you think that she feels overweight? Is her backside fuller than usual? Can you have a look inside her beak and throat for any mucus or yellow to white material inside the beak.

How old is she? Does she seem overheated, and do you think that she feels overweight? Is her backside fuller than usual? Can you have a look inside her beak and throat for any mucus or yellow to white material inside the beak.
She is older maybe 5? I've had her 3 years and she was given to me. She looks normal weight I can take a look in her throat tomorrow.

So I check the chicken out and seemed okay in throat and stuff so thought it was okay then today i had them out and I find it dead with its head missing something attack it I'm unsure what cause it was right in my yard my dogs were out for most of time and I was around too.

I know it wasn't my dogs but I do remember here chickens scream but didnt think much of it

Update it was a fox found it in our field so I killed it.. had mange or something hair was missing and acted weird I'm sad I lost a chicken but it was the one that may have been sick so guess I'm glad it got that one and not a young healthy one

Update it was a fox found it in our field so I killed it.. had mange or something hair was missing and acted weird I'm sad I lost a chicken but it was the one that may have been sick so guess I'm glad it got that one and not a young healthy one
Sorry for your loss but I'm glad you kill it before it came back to kill more of your birds.

Back
Top Bottom