2ducksinarow

In the Brooder
Apr 1, 2021
One of my call ducks named Spade who is around 6 1/5 months old has started laying hard shelled eggs daily from about a week ago. I didn’t think there was any problem but yesterday she started to have a loss of appetite and seems very tired. She stays in her pond all day and doesn’t follow our other duck which is very unusual. I tried to offer her all of her favorite foods like tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, mealworms, and guppies but she only took a nibble of lettuce and ate some guppies. A little while after that she threw up the piece of lettuce that I gave to her. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions on what I can do for her? Any help is appreciated💕

So far I have been very lucky to have never had one of my call ducks get sick, which does not give me any practical experience with dealing with sick ducks. Could she be egg bound? Possibly another reproductive problem. All I can think of is to keep a close eye on her and likely the issue will resolve itself. If she is egg bound I'd use the same remedies as for egg bound chickens.

So far I have been very lucky to have never had one of my call ducks get sick, which does not give me any practical experience with dealing with sick ducks. Could she be egg bound? Possibly another reproductive problem. All I can think of is to keep a close eye on her and likely the issue will resolve itself. If she is egg bound I'd use the same remedies as for egg bound chickens.
Sounds good, Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom