Sick Chick Need Advice

Shay88

In the Brooder
Oct 11, 2016
East Peoria, IL
I have a 2 month old silkie polish mix that we hatched ourselves. First i noticed that Peeper wasn't putting any pressure on one foot. I examined the foot and noticed that it had a broken blood feather. We took care of it by plucking the whole feather out. It bled a little and clotted quickly. now almost a week later Peeper is still not putting any pressure on that foot. I woke up this morning and i found her laying on her side, looked barely alive. I tried to get her to stand up and she cant. she can move her legs but wont walk around or put any pressure on them. i just started her on some vitamins and electrolytes but have to force her to drink. She also hasn't been eating so i mixed her food with some water and apple cider vinegar to made it a paste. I got her to eat some of that but not a lot. She just passed this stool. I wanted to share a pic of what it looks like so that maybe someone can tell me whats going on with my poor babe.
stool.jpg

no , no worms that I could see. Kind of has a bloody tint to it. It was also kind of slimy more so than a solid. What would make Peeper not be able to use its legs anymore?

no , no worms that I could see. Kind of has a bloody tint to it. It was also kind of slimy more so than a solid. What would make Peeper not be able to use its legs anymore?
It could be a several different things. Hopefully someone that knows more then I will chime in soon.

Back
Top Bottom