Sick chicken please help

Pics
Thank you so much to everyone who helped with Red, this morning I got answers. An xray was done. The vet said it looked like a tumor and fluid. I chose to have her euthanize an end her suffering. The vet did a necropsy.
Red had cancer with secondary egg yolk Peritonitis. That means she had a tumor that blocked her ova duct. causing the egg to break and coated her whole tract and internal organs.
I hope I didn’t let her suffer too long. I noticed symptoms 9/27 but it was last few weeks has declined drastically. The picture attached is one of her last when she was upright. I like to think all the orbs are angels; maybe corny, but we loved her so much. I actually have 3 other pictures and a video with rainbows around her. Her X-ray is also attached in case it may help someone else.
Thank you again for everything. You all are amazing.
:hugs I'm sorry for your loss. I know it must have been a hard decision to make.
Thank you for the update, information and photos.

I am so sorry for your loss. Red was very lucky to have you. I lost my favorite rooster to cancer. Minus the reproductive issues, he exhibited the same symptoms and behaviors your feathered friend did. My boy would have a really great day - he'd move around, he'd eat and drink, he'd even crow - and I'd think he was getting better and then he'd have bad days. After two weeks, he eventually passed on his own. Chickens will break your heart like no other animal.

exactly the same dynamic with my two internal layers..
you think they're getting better, but suddenly they get worse and die:hit
it' such a difficult thing to accept...:(

Back
Top Bottom