Sick chicken (with pictures)

How is she doing today @maggieroque456
Still eating and drinking but not drinking as much as I would like to see, walking around a little more. But still tail down, not running from me at all. As soon as my husband is home he’s gunna hold her so I can try and feel for an egg, but I don’t feel anything from feeling around the outside of her.

Still eating and drinking but not drinking as much as I would like to see, walking around a little more. But still tail down, not running from me at all. As soon as my husband is home he’s gunna hold her so I can try and feel for an egg, but I don’t feel anything from feeling around the outside of her.
@6BeachChicks and @Eggcessive.
So I checked inside and out and no egg that I can tell stuck in her, her poop is now really green and a lot are just pure liquid. I gave her a warm Epson salt bath and cleaned up her poopy butt, and I have her on corid, and everyone else too. They only thing I’m waiting for is the dewormer now. So fingers crossed she makes it, I quite like her. Any other suggestions other than a vet visit?

Green poop is a sign that she is not eating much. Corid dosage is 2 tsp of the liquid or 1.5 tsp of the powder per gallon of water for 5-7 days.

Green poop is a sign that she is not eating much. Corid dosage is 2 tsp of the liquid or 1.5 tsp of the powder per gallon of water for 5-7 days.
Yeah that’s what I’ve found from google. Just weird because every time I check on her she eats. Her crop is pretty solid tonight so im going to check even earlier tomorrow to see if it’s down down. When I went in this morning she was eating so her crop was kind of full, and hard to tell is something was wrong.

That sounds suspiciously like my hen Liz when she had coccidiosis,
tail down, ruffled feathers, not walking. Corid fixed her, just take it slow.
My biggest concern would be egg bound, but she’s pooping so I am 99% sure it’s not that.

That sounds suspiciously like my hen Liz when she had coccidiosis,
tail down, ruffled feathers, not walking. Corid fixed her, just take it slow.
My biggest concern would be egg bound, but she’s pooping so I am 99% sure it’s not that.
@6BeachChicks @Eggcessive I think I figure it out that’s she has an impacted crop! Yesterday morning she was already eating when I got in there so I wasn’t sure how long she had been eating and her crop was pretty full. This morning I took her food away late last night and got up really early this morning to check and she crop is still full (about the size of a gold ball) and rock hard. Now I just need to figure out if I can fix it.

Back
Top Bottom