Sick Chicken! Yellow poop

It may be time to treat the flock with Corid. Can you get some from your feed store? Get liquid Corid and mix two teaspoons into one gallon of water. In addition, do a drench on each chicken that appears sick. Oral syringe .1ml per pound of hen's weight directly into the beak for three days.

An antibiotic should also be given in conjunction with the Corid, preferably a sulfa drug.
I just picked some up and will give it a try. Thank you

With giving my chickens Corid am I still able to eat the eggs?

All of the girls seem to be doing good at the moment with the Corid. My bird who wasn’t acting herself yesterday is now eating/drinking and even laid an egg this morning. She did eat the yolk but I have been addressing the calcium deficiency issue and she seems to be responding well.

Hello, my hen Pebbles who was one of my more sick birds is doing pretty bad. I used Corid as suggested and saw improvement in both sick birds but one day after stoping Pebbles went backwards fast. She’s been back on Corid and isn’t responding as she did the first time. She now has a water belly and her drinking and eating, though she is doing both, isn’t as much as when she was healthy. She hasn’t laid any eggs and her comb is almost completely flat but it has great color.
I’d appreciate any help or suggestions.

Attachments

• 0259A980-0737-486D-ABF5-638F29DF340C.jpeg
    0259A980-0737-486D-ABF5-638F29DF340C.jpeg
    758.8 KB · Views: 4
She probably needs an antibiotic. Often, coccidiosis involves erosion of the intestinal lining from a secondary bacterial infection. Sulfa is the go-to med for this purpose. This med combines sulfa and amprolium and needs no prescription. https://www.jedds.com/shop/trimethoprinsulfa-100-g-medpet/
I’ve just ordered it, I’m hoping shipping doesn’t take forever. Any suggestions about the water belly. She is no longer perching on the log in her cage I assume her swollen belly hurts.

You can try a diuretic. One tablet as needed to reduce the fluid. There is no cure for it, though. Liver disease is usually a symptom of another more serious issue.

I'm sorry to hear that. :(

No, but I'm guessing it was a reproductive tract infection as was suggested here. She laid a large egg (for her, and it wasn't a double yolker) a couple of weeks ago - it was smeared with yellow gunk. She didn't lay another egg after that, but seemed otherwise fine until the last few days, when she started losing weight and getting more and more lethargic.

Back
Top Bottom