Sick chicken

What type of bedding is in your coop? Have you recently changed anything like that around the time she started getting sick?

Have you checked for moldy bedding or anything like that?
The bedding is hemp hay. It doesn't really look mouldy, i clean out the poop regularly. Maybe i should thoroughly clean out and dry the coop out again and see if that changes it. But she was out of there for nearly 2 weeks and the others aren't sick? She was a sickly chicken when I got her :(

Did she ever have bubbles in her eyes, swelling around her eyes? The most common respiratory diseases are mycoplasma gallisepticum (MG,) infectious bronchitis virus, ILT virus, and coryza. Doxycycline, tylosin and oxytetracycline are antibiotics that treat MG. If she has a virus, then the disease would not respond to antibiotics. Any respiratory disease may leave them in a weakened state, and may damage the reproduction, egg laying, and leave damage throughout the body. Most diseases (except IB) are chronic, and can come back.

Did she ever have bubbles in her eyes, swelling around her eyes? The most common respiratory diseases are mycoplasma gallisepticum (MG,) infectious bronchitis virus, ILT virus, and coryza. Doxycycline, tylosin and oxytetracycline are antibiotics that treat MG. If she has a virus, then the disease would not respond to antibiotics. Any respiratory disease may leave them in a weakened state, and may damage the reproduction, egg laying, and leave damage throughout the body. Most diseases (except IB) are chronic, and can come back.
She never had any problems with eyes or nose. No discharge or bubbling. This is the furst sign of swollen eye. She has always had squinty eyes 😁

Back
Top Bottom