sick chicken

ugh. i tried performing my own necropsy after reading i should have refrigerated her (should have guessed that). she was so so thin. almost nothing left to her. i am almost positive she had fowl typhoid. she had all the symptoms https://thepoultrysite.com/disease-guide/salmonella-gallinarum-fowl-typhoid she was droopy, anorexic, didn't want to move, and the sickness lasted forever. i feel terrible about because i could have treated her with amoxycilin, which i had. I was about to start her on it last night but forgot til this morning and she died literally while i was mixing it into water for her. i feel so stupid for not finding this before, i just had no idea she'd keep up this roller coaster ride of getting better then declining etc. for so long and i'd never heard of fowl typhoid. just last week i thought for sure she was gonna pull through and recover on her own. i was reluctant to use the amoxycilin because dosing is always hard and the last chicken i used it on died shortly afterwards. i dont htink the amoxicilin killed her but i wasn't sure so didn't want to kill this one accidentally when there was a chance she'd recover on her own. so for future forum readers, consider whether its fowl typhoid. i am ordering animal amoxycylin tonight so i can easily dose future animals.

Back
Top Bottom