Sick chicken

Misfits&Mutts

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 4, 2018
I currently have a hen resting in my basement. She has been breathing quite heavily and sneezing but there is no discharge whatsoever from eyes nor nose. Her appetite and energy seem normal. She is not stretching her neck nor shaking her head. Her poop is normal. But her comb is a a bit pale. She had the symptoms for a week or two before I put her inside where she has been for about 3-4 weeks. She doesn't seem to be getting any better but not really worse either. Some days are better than others. She is about 4 years old. She does seem bored or lonely. Should I continue to keep her inside away from the others? No one else has any symptoms. Vet is not an option. TIA

They were all recently dewormed as well.

Keeping a hen apart from the flock for so long is going to present problems for her upon re-entry to the flock. Be aware that the others will not greet her with candy and flowers after her long absence. She will need to be reintegrated gradually.

It's not possible to tell you what's wrong with this hen without being there to examine her. But her symptoms could indicate a serious issue such as reproductive cancer. But the symptoms also could be something simple such as overheating or stress. Have you looked into her mouth an throat and checked her ears for swelling and crusty inflammation?

Back
Top Bottom