Sick chicks

tay_boe

Songster
9 Years
Aug 27, 2010
I recently hatched out a dozen chicks from my friends eggs and she is going camping so I had to babysit so I put them in my brooder and I bought a couple chicks from a lady down the road and ever since I mixed the chicks some have become lethargic and died. Only 2 of the chicks I bought are still alive and about 5 of the dozen are alive. What should I do? I haven't noticed any coughing or sneezing or anything other than they are just acting lazy and dying. I know my brooder is warm enough but this is stumping me.please help!

I would feed the medicated start & grow if they aren't vaccinated to help their immune systems. I have read on here though, that you do not want to both get them vaccinated AND use the medicated feed. I think they'd get a double dose or something. Also make sure to dip their beaks in the water so they know where it is.

I put some red cell in the water I saw that on a website but I can't find it now. I am feeding them a medicated starter from TSC. Some of the chicks seem fine really growing. Others seem like they aren't growing.

They are not vaccinated. I did dip the beaks in water. The chicks are over 2 weeks old and still dying one or two a day. It's so sad.

Back
Top Bottom