Sick duck

I have a 5 lb yorkie who has already met him and didn’t pay him any attention. The dog we are nervous about is our golden retriever. She loves my pekin, but I’m so nervous about introducing them because Dave is so much smaller.

The size difference has me cracking up. I expected him to be a little bigger, but it’s pretty cute seeing the two of them side by side

Attachments

• 9C8DE2BE-778B-4FE9-A986-3E3D8F8DD70C.jpeg
    9C8DE2BE-778B-4FE9-A986-3E3D8F8DD70C.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
Duck has asserted himself as the dominate male. He wanted nothing to do with the corn or water I gave him until Bingo came in to eat the corn and drink the water. The personalities on these two are adorable. Bill is so cute! Dave looks like the mini version of him

The size difference has me cracking up. I expected him to be a little bigger, but it’s pretty cute seeing the two of them side by side
The size difference is funny. I'm sure you noticed how surprisingly light they are when you pick them up. They're little bony too, pekins weigh a ton by comparison!

The size difference is funny. I'm sure you noticed how surprisingly light they are when you pick them up. They're little bony too, pekins weigh a ton by comparison!
Yes he is so much lighter! And he is just so sweet natured. We just introduced my dog. She tried to chase him at first, and now she is completely fine with him.

Y’all these two are melting my heart into a puddle. My pekin is now acting as a “big brother”. The new little one is following him around everywhere and I think they both love it! My dog has adjusted quite well. She is leaving both of them alone and doing her own thing

Congratulations that is so awesome !! Your Pekin needed a buddy and sounds like he found one. Great news on the dog too just don’t let your guard down having 5 dogs here I had to work with one who had been nipped one two many times on the butt she finally grabbed hold of a neck, thankfully didn’t bite down but there is a point to how much they will take.

My runners do this weird move where they dip their heads down, then up, making like a burping noise. Sometimes they put their heads down and run around. Both my pekins learned this from them, since they never did it before we got the runners. Watching your two bond will be fun.

Back
Top Bottom