Sick duck

Pics
I am so sorry to hear of your losses. I never leave home unless it's just for the day I have no idea of any one I can trust. So sorry this happened.
Spend as much time as you can with him. you can also put a mirror in with him just secure it so it won't fall over on him. Usually 4 months old and up is a good time to put females with drakes. What breed are your new ducklings?
Khaki Campbell.

Khaki Campbell.
I got a 4 months old rooster and he's so scared! He don't even want to go in the chicken coop.. he roost on my front porch ( which it's closed in) .. the hens peck at him and then he runs away all the time from them.. he never lets them get close to him because they peck him at him... He's so small and my hens are big..we got him cuz our other rooster got killed. Iam sure the hens remember him.. do you think that they will get along.

Khaki Campbell.
Khaki Campbell.
I got a 4 months old rooster and he's so scared! He don't even want to go in the chicken coop.. he roost on my front porch ( which it's closed in) .. the hens peck at him and then he runs away all the time from them.. he never lets them get close to him because they peck him at him... He's so small and my hens are big..we got him cuz our other rooster got killed. Iam sure the hens remember him.. do you think that they will get along.
Iam hoping he starts putting them in line and being a rooster because the hens are just picking each other the death down there in the chicken coop!!!

Can you let your chickens free range? that may keep them from pecking on each other. The rooster hopefully will be accepted but it takes time for newbies to be part of the flock. I'd make him a place inside the coop where he will be safe but they can see him. It can be done with fencing or using a dog crate etc. But having them all together and him safe is the best way to introduce,
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...using-the-“see-but-don’t-touch”-method.67839/

Back
Top Bottom