Sick duckie

Turmeric...why didn't I remember this before?!!! Turmeric is a spice that is also a blood cleanser, both red and white. I'm guessing on the dosage, but if it were me, I would add 1/2 tsp. to the vitamin water. You can buy the capsules of this at Wally World in the vitamin section. One of them would be about right. Will it work? Don't know, but it's another thing to add to the support group you're already giving. It certainly can't hurt! I wouldn't give the whole dosing at once...not sure if it could cause more stomach upset or not. Steady dosing in the water is best to my mind.

Finally home! What a long day. I picked up some turmeric. Put one capsule in his one gallon waterer with the vitamins. He doesn't drink so I syringed a few in and offered some in a bowl while holding him. He seems to be taking sips. Just gave him some warm water swim time now he's under the heat lamp. Once he is dry I will do more charcoal.

Going to try and make a sling hammock for him so he can be upright. Might not work with the seizures though

My girlfriend said she could get some bactrim antibiotic. Not sure what that is.

Finally home! What a long day. I picked up some turmeric. Put one capsule in his one gallon waterer with the vitamins. He doesn't drink so I syringed a few in and offered some in a bowl while holding him. He seems to be taking sips. Just gave him some warm water swim time now he's under the heat lamp. Once he is dry I will do more charcoal.

Going to try and make a sling hammock for him so he can be upright. Might not work with the seizures though
Does swim time seem to wear him out? if you feel it's really not helping and maybe causing him to get weaker then I would forgo the swimming till he is stronger, they have to exert a lot of energy swimming and he may not be up to it right now. How does he seem to you compared to when you left this morning?

Blackberry hill, thank you so much for the info.
I am just assuming botulism. The vet did not take any blood.
He is about the same as yesterday.
Maybe not throwing himself around so much.
I made a sling for him because when his feet touch something he seizes stiffens and rolls onto his side or back.
So the sling keeps him up right.
Any issue with this? Cutting off circulation?
It's not tight on his legs

null_zpsd59d27d0.jpg

I was also reading about diseases and bird flu or avian influenza said this will cause them to swim in circles
Which he was doing yesterday.

I will stop the swims to conserve his energy

Thank you!
So should I be keeping him warm with a lamp?
And we had our first good poop!
Black watery and little tannish green

Back
Top Bottom