May 9, 2020
Tampa, Florida
So we took these two muscovy ducklings from some apartments (before i found out its not legal 😕) The moms always have like 14 and end up with 1 or 2 so we thought, "why not take them home and give them a better longer life?" They have since been domesticated and are very sweet. We have one named Clyde and since we got her, she seems to have an eye infection. Saline solution did not help. It didn't spread to anyone else and she seems to be in good health. She isn't showing any sign of disease. Her eyes open fine and wide, but there is a thick slime on them and it seems to be crusting on the 'fur' around her eyes. Not sure what's going on in her nostrils but there's no slime or anything. I don't know how to help her please help
20200804_110058.jpg

20200804_110105.jpg
20200804_110141.jpg
20200804_110142.jpg

Quick update: She is sneezing a little but it is a dry sneeze

Last edited:
Terramysin is the eye ointment that I use on my chickens when they have an eye infection/injury. I also give vet rx for the sniffles. A few drops in the water and rub some under the wing normally helps after a few days. I do not own water fowl nor do I know much about them either. It's just what I would use if any of my birds showed similar symptoms.

Terramysin is the eye ointment that I use on my chickens when they have an eye infection/injury. I also give vet rx for the sniffles. A few drops in the water and rub some under the wing normally helps after a few days. I do not own water fowl nor do I know much about them either. It's just what I would use if any of my birds showed similar symptoms.
Ah, thank you. I have used vet rx before on my chickens that had coryza but I hadn't known it couldnt be cured. I will have to try it on the duckie tho

Back
Top Bottom