Sick Goose ! HELP

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by SundownWaterfowl, May 2, 2008.

1. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Hi. I have a 1 year Tououse female goose. And for the past 2 days she has had a wet sneeze. I have been giving her terramycin because I think it is a cold, but she is still the same. What should I do?

2. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Terramycin is not for a "cold". You don't get antibiotics when you have a cold. Anitbiotics should never be used just because.

What is her bedding like? Is it moldy? Have you seen a vet? Is she able to bathe and get her head in the water? What does her poop look like? Appetite? Eyes bright or dull? Are there toxins she could hae gotten into? Is she at good weight or can you feel her keel bone?

3. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Quote:She has dry hay and straw for bedding. I have not seen a vet, there are no farm vets around her to see a goose. She is able to bathe and submerge her head. Her poop is normal and her eyes are bright. She has a good appetite? There are no toxins that she could have gotten into. She is at a good weight.

The weather here has been rainy and cool for around 5 days. I think it may be a cold. Is there anything I can give her to help her recover?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by