SICK HEN - 3rd one in a year, all similar symptoms

I should note I've been feeding her egg with oats and polyvisol and dyer. Vitamins and electrolytes in the water. I also threw some corid in there too.

The other hen is getting all of this too but none of it should hurt her. If/when this hen dies I will clean the coop and run and integrate with the babies.

No the Corid and vitamins/electrolytes won't hurt.
If you don't feel strongly that it is worms (and deworming is hard on them) you could try some antibiotics to see if she improves any.
Most of the local feed stores carry antibiotics.

I did get a broad spectrum antibiotic - something HCL. If I put a tablespoon in a quart of water, I don't know how many mL to give her each day. I don't really want to treat my other hen.

A tablespoon in a quart of water may be too high a concentration depending on which antibiotic you have.
You may want to look at the link below @casportpony has kindly figured out and posted dosages for a lot of meds available. You could pm her and ask how much to mix for just one chicken, I'm sure she would be happy to help.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...can-be-used-in-poultry-no-prescription-needed

I hope its not what ever has my Lil Lady...
Every day its something new but it started out just like yours. Too many weeks now and I don't know what to do.
I called the local vet to see if I can bring a stool sample and reception didn't even know.

Abdomen aeems fine. I tried both an antibiotic and wormer and she seems to have perked up a little. Time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom