Sick hen! Was fine last night

Allison23917

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 31, 2013
Maine
Just went out to my coop, found my 6 month old comet sitting on the floor all puffed up with her eyes closed. She squaks when I pick her up and falls on her face when I put her on her feet. Nothing seems injured or abnormal except some poop stuck to her under her vent but it looks like she sat in itor pooped while laying there

Just went out to my coop, found my 6 month old comet sitting on the floor all puffed up with her eyes closed. She squaks when I pick her up and falls on her face when I put her on her feet. Nothing seems injured or abnormal except some poop stuck to her under her vent but it looks like she sat in itor pooped while laying there

I really have no idea but you might look up being egg bound. Or could the poop have her blocked so she can't poop more like pasty butt? Good luck to you! You might want to go to an active thread and ask some folks with experience.

Well she made a liar out of me, she can stand without falling over, just doesnt want to... I don't physically see anything wrong, doesnt feel eggbound, poop isnt clogging up her vent, crop feels fine, and if anything her comb looks redder than usual. But as bad as she acts I don't think she will make it through the day

Back
Top Bottom