Sick hen with runny nose...

lisagr

Hatching
7 Years
Nov 2, 2012
I have a sick hen with a runny nose, she is very lethargic, will eat and drink some but mostly sits alone with eyes closed. I have put VetRX in her nostrals and drinking water but this doesn't seem to help her. It doesn't hurt her but I really see no improvement. I was told to get some cattle Tylan 50 but I am not sure how to administer to her. I wouldn't think I should give her a shot.. maybe a little in her drinking water? Any advice? I sure need some. By the way, she is a 6 month old buff orp.

I will not give advise on antibiotics, however, give her ACV/M in her drinking water and separate her from others. Sounds like a serious upper resp infection/Mold of some kind.

Tylan 50 injectable can be given orally. You'll need a syringe with a needle to withdraw it from the bottle. Dosage is 1/2cc given orally once a day for 5 days.
If you decide to inject her, dosage is 1/4cc injected into the breast muscle just under the skin once a day for 3 days. Alternate breasts and location of injection site each day.

Thanks so much for the advice!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom