Sick hen?

Henpeckermom

Hatching
Feb 14, 2021
I have a 7-8mo hen that has been laying eggs since December. A week ago I saw that she was less active and comb was pale. She has had watery yellow, white and black stools for 4 days. I've researched everything and tried all remedies..ACV, eggyolks, yogurt, powdered oatmeal, etc. My friend and I examined her vent. It looks clean and clear. Please look at the photo to help determine what she is suffering from. I've kept her in my house for 3 days.

Attachments

• 20210214_093842.jpg
    20210214_093842.jpg
    396.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210213_180226.jpg
    20210213_180226.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 2
Do you have a vet who would run a fecal float on her droppings, if you collect some in a ziploc bag and take them in? They could look for worm eggs or coccidiosis. If you cannot do that, you could buy some Corid to treat her water for 5-7 days, and worm her with Valbazen or SafeGuard. Do you feed a balanced commercial layer feed? I would stop the oatmeal and any extras, besides chicken feed and a small amount of egg, a perhaps a spoonful of plain yogurt twice a week.

Do you have a vet who would run a fecal float on her droppings, if you collect some in a ziploc bag and take them in? They could look for worm eggs or coccidiosis. If you cannot do that, you could buy some Corid to treat her water for 5-7 days, and worm her with Valbazen or SafeGuard. Do you feed a balanced commercial layer feed? I would stop the oatmeal and any extras, besides chicken feed and a small amount of egg, a perhaps a spoonful of plain yogurt twice a week.
Vet will not run a gecal without my hen being a patient. I will purchase the items you suggested. Though, I think by now if it were worms, wed see them in her stool. There is no blood in the stool, which is key for questionable for coccidosis. So complicated! I put her outside in the coop this morning so she could get some fresh air. I'll bring her in again later. Thank you. Looking forward to other replies.

Back
Top Bottom